Wichita Mountains Elk Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Opening morning was 15-18 degrees with no wind. I sat for about an hour where they dropped me then moved up the hill along a ravine. About 1/2 mile away across the ravine I spotted 2 small bulls. Knowing the bulls were bunched up in bachelor groups I stalked them, got around them and spotted 3 more bulls. The group consisted of one old bull who had only one 6 pt antler that was still white, a nice 6x6, 6x5, 5x5, and a raghorn. I stalked the bunch and got busted by the 6x6 who lagged behind the group. I stood and watched them go up the hillside and top the ridge. I turned west and crossed the saddle and headed further into the next canyon. I spotted 3 small bulls across the canyon and circled around the draw they were in. I climbed up a pile of boulders and peeked thru and spotted 5 different bulls and 2 cows. I shot the biggest, a 6x6. It was 4:00 pm, I skinned and quartered, removed the backstraps and head. I put the meat into meat sacks and covered the meat and head with my sweaty shirt and jacket.
My wife and a volunteer went back in the next morning and packed him out.
6x6_2.jpgGametote_Jason.jpg

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice bull!! I'm jealous. Drew in there about 5yrs ago. Kid was in the hospital so I missed the hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice bull Redmule! That's got to be tough to have mules at home................and have to haul out an elk like that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom