Wife's New Pistol - Kimber Micro Compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, she has gotten to the point she doesn't like the S&W 642 she had, (she's recoil sensitive and has had two hand surgeries). I wasn't having much luck getting her to go to the range to practice but I did finally. Had her try out the G43, a Shield in 9mm, both a full size (9mm) and Commander size (.45ACP) 1911, a S&W M&P Compact, and then she wanted to try the Kimber Micro Compact .380. So I rented it for her. Dang! That woman put the first 6 shots dead center! And the next 6, and the next...etc. She loved it! She can rack the slide on it very easily, likes the controls and so on...and so while I was finishing up doing my level best to finally get some holes of my own in that big old steenkin' target, she said to hell with that damn 642 revolver, and went over to the sales side of Big Boys and bought herself a brand new Kimber Micro .380, The Advocate model. She is excited about shooting once again and that's important to me. She looked at its cousin, the Sig P238, but liked the Kimber a bit more and so that's what she got. I'm very pleased with it too. The little pistol is very well made, is one sharp lookin' little gun and much like a mini-1911. She also bought a carry set-up thing kinda like a belly band for ladies called a Can-Can Concealment belt, or something like that. Here's her new gun, purty little thing eh? (Looks are very important to my wife; I guess that's why she married me...)
Kimber.jpg

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, dang, the little thing is sharp. Makes me think about getting a blued or all stainless one maybe for myself. Her model, the Advocate, comes with an extended 7-round mag and I bought her another 7-rounder too . I was surprised at the mag's relatively low price, considering the name on the package, it was only like $21.95. Pistol itself was $605 with the VZ grips and night sights already on it.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber does make some pretty ones. Can she run the slide pretty easily if the hammer is down? Just curious.

Yes, but it's much easier if the hammer is cocked, as it will be if she is in a situation where she has to do a quick mag change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just curious. If it ever fails to fire with a live round she would have to either cock the hammer first or run the slide with the hammer down. But you said it had good sights so Im sure she could use them if she had to.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just curious. If it ever fails to fire with a live round she would have to either cock the hammer first or run the slide with the hammer down. But you said it had good sights so Im sure she could use them if she had to.

Yes, that was something she checked out before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom