Wife's New Pistol - Kimber Micro Compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big threat big gun, small threat big gun....

But racking of the slide was a must. And if momma ain't happy; ain't nobody gonna be happy. She chose the gun she liked. It's big enough, especially since I'm usually with her and I guarantee if she has to pull, then the S has truly HTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jupiter Fulminator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking pistol. The advantage of a single action .380 is that it operates exactly as your 9mm and .45 ACP 1911's do, so she could run one of the bigger guns in an emergency. There is something to be said for commonality of weapons systems.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking pistol. The advantage of a single action .380 is that it operates exactly as your 9mm and .45 ACP 1911's do, so she could run one of the bigger guns in an emergency. There is something to be said for commonality of weapons systems.

Yes. Thanks, and this is true, EXCEPT SHE CANT RACK THE SLIDE on the big pistols.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When would she absolutely have to? My point was that if she has to pick up one of your cocked and locked 1911's, she would know how to run the controls of the pistol. You do carry them/leave them C&L, don't you?

You mean with boolets in them already??? Good grief! Wouldn't that be dangerous?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yanking yer chain; no, she can operate the controls fine on them. In fact, I'd say her safety on the little Kimber is a bit stiffer than on either my Govt or Commander. She likes to shoot the 9mm all steel Govt Model, the LW Commander in .45ACP? Not so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom