Wife's New Pistol - Kimber Micro Compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jupiter Fulminator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yanking yer chain; no, she can operate the controls fine on them. In fact, I'd say her safety on the little Kimber is a bit stiffer than on either my Govt or Commander. She likes to shoot the 9mm all steel Govt Model, the LW Commander in .45ACP? Not so much.
That's what I meant by commonality of weapons systems--if all your primary self defense guns operate in a similar manner, you're ahead of the game.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, she has gotten to the point she doesn't like the S&W 642 she had, (she's recoil sensitive and has had two hand surgeries). I wasn't having much luck getting her to go to the range to practice but I did finally. Had her try out the G43, a Shield in 9mm, both a full size (9mm) and Commander size (.45ACP) 1911, a S&W M&P Compact, and then she wanted to try the Kimber Micro Compact .380. So I rented it for her. Dang! That woman put the first 6 shots dead center! And the next 6, and the next...etc. She loved it! She can rack the slide on it very easily, likes the controls and so on...and so while I was finishing up doing my level best to finally get some holes of my own in that big old steenkin' target, she said to hell with that damn 642 revolver, and went over to the sales side of Big Boys and bought herself a brand new Kimber Micro .380, The Advocate model. She is excited about shooting once again and that's important to me. She looked at its cousin, the Sig P238, but liked the Kimber a bit more and so that's what she got. I'm very pleased with it too. The little pistol is very well made, is one sharp lookin' little gun and much like a mini-1911. She also bought a carry set-up thing kinda like a belly band for ladies called a Can-Can Concealment belt, or something like that. Here's her new gun, purty little thing eh? (Looks are very important to my wife; I guess that's why she married me...)
View attachment 58159
Nice to hear they came out with a smaller pistol that seems to not have feeding problems one after another, have scoped those pistols out, good looking pistol

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of the girls that work at Big Boys said they use the Kimber Micro Carry as a carry gun.

Yep, Bridgette, (she and her husband own the joint) was behind the range counter and her DIL, Laramie, both had their Kimber Micros on. Laramie let my wife Mary use her extended Kimber mag to shoot the rental Kimber Micro; then after she shot and liked it, helped her pick out the exact one she wanted to buy. Great customer service there and a fair deal on the gun and stuff we bought for her at Big Boys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom