Wife's pistol malfunction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, your pic looks like somebody stole your lunch money.

And I'd concur on a revo or a compact 9mm. Say G 43...

Stole my lunch money? Stole my lunch money? Ha! You gotta be shizzin' me...and who got you into the G43 anyway there Mr. CZ Man? Huh? Who? Yeah...that's right...steal my damn lunch money my bare butt...( grumble grumble grumble...)

Oh , yeah, and your picture looks like you're suckin' your thumb.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife, son and I went to the range earlier to practice. She has a Bersa Thunder .380 concealed carry model that I bought for her about a month ago. The pistol looks brand new but the guy I got it from said it was about 9 years old and hadn't had over 200 rounds through it. While she was shooting the slide would fail to go forward all the way and chamber another round. She would have to take the mag out to get the round out. She had three of these failures out of about 200 rounds. She was using federal American eagle ammo. She had two 8 round mags and one 7 round mag from her other Bersa. I don't know if it was the magazine or not. What could cause this kind of a malfunction to happen? I even loaded a mag up at one point because I thought she was riding the slide. So I thought I would do it to see if that was the problem. When I pulled the slide back and let it go the slide hit the round and stopped. It failed to push the round into the chamber. I tried to pull the slide back and let it go again to try and get the round to go in but it wouldn't. Again I would have to get the mag out, which was not easy. Then once out the round would fall out. But other than that the pistol fired well. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

some smaller auto pistols are prone to jamming from limp wrist. it's difficult to hold some small auto pistols for total consistency.
this is part of the reason I stopped CCW my German Walter PPK. my grip strength is pretty solid and I still had issues with my PPK jamming.

switched to S&W 340PD .. problems solved .. it's been 100% reliable!

14544_presscdn_0_64.pagely.netdna_cdn.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_Bersa_thunder_380_cc_2.jpg

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stole my lunch money? Stole my lunch money? Ha! You gotta be shizzin' me...and who got you into the G43 anyway there Mr. CZ Man? Huh? Who? Yeah...that's right...steal my damn lunch money my bare butt...( grumble grumble grumble...)

Oh , yeah, and your picture looks like you're suckin' your thumb.

LMAO, yup your 43 advise is solid and just like you mine follows me around. Especially since summer is coming, it will be in my pocket everywhere. However when I can conceal my P-07 I like to have a few more rounds.

It does look like he's sucking his thumb, dammit

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO, yup your 43 advise is solid and just like you mine follows me around. Especially since summer is coming, it will be in my pocket everywhere. However when I can conceal my P-07 I like to have a few more rounds.

It does look like he's sucking his thumb, dammit

"Can't touch this!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom