Wilson Combat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
but still i would expect a worn out ferrari to out run a new ford.

It will.... you just have to drive it longer than 50 miles.

Sigs are good 1911s but anyone that would take one over a Wilson either doesn't know any better or has a really bad case of post purchase justification.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The marginal difference between his $800 1911 and the $2000+ Wilson. That would be my guess.

Or that he doesnt know and/or notice the differences, or that he cant realistically shoot either the sig NOR the wilson well enough to get close to the limitations of either gun.

Posts like this always pop up on gun boards, usually to express their smugness about how their rock island, SW, springfield, etc etc, is just as good as a higher end, better built pistol. The true answer is always the same, the problem is the dude behind the gun.

Its not about preferences, its about KNOWING. and having enough experience and ability to notice. Dont get butt hurt when you read this; just realize that we're not all equalwhen it comes to guns, shooting them, and understanding them. Even though theres a ton of doofuses on OSA, folks whould realize that there are still some knowledgeable 1911 experts and aficionados that are stupid enough to still post on this forum. Why, Ill never know.

BigKahuna

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or that he doesnt know and/or notice the differences, or that he cant realistically shoot either the sig NOR the wilson well enough to get close to the limitations of either gun.

Posts like this always pop up on gun boards, usually to express their smugness about how their rock island, SW, springfield, etc etc, is just as good as a higher end, better built pistol. The true answer is always the same, the problem is the dude behind the gun.

Its not about preferences, its about KNOWING. and having enough experience and ability to notice. Dont get butt hurt when you read this; just realize that we're not all equalwhen it comes to guns, shooting them, and understanding them. Even though theres a ton of doofuses on OSA, folks whould realize that there are still some knowledgeable 1911 experts and aficionados that are stupid enough to still post on this forum. Why, Ill never know.

This is 100% correct. Saying "I'd take my Sig 1911 over a Wilson any day" tells me all I need to know about the OP.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those rental guns get really beat up and don't always get cleaned when needed. I have shot a rental Wilson here in OKC and I will take my Wilson any day. Even a great pistol and trigger job can be damaged by miss treatment.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those rental guns get really beat up and don't always get cleaned when needed. I have shot a rental Wilson here in OKC and I will take my Wilson any day. Even a great pistol and trigger job can be damaged by miss treatment.

Let me just say that the rental gun "treatment" isn't a factor to me. Eric @ 2A had I think around ~80K rounds through his last Wilson. Only thing that was replaced was the barrel and a refinish. I believe Corbon has over 750K through a Wilson test gun they have, in which everything has eventually been replaced but the frame and slide are still intact.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Even though theres a ton of doofuses on OSA, folks whould realize that there are still some knowledgeable 1911 experts and aficionados that are stupid enough to still post on this forum. Why, Ill never know.

Since I am obviously just a doofus, because I have never owned a 1911, tell me how the Wilson compares to the Les Baer, and the Ed Brown guns.

Thanks.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:popcorn:

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_thread_1.jpg

The OP is entitled to his opinion. It's a free country as of 4 July 2012. However, the opinion that Sig 1911s are better than Wilson Combat 1911s is delusional at best. Wilson Combat 1911s start at 3K for a reason. Each one is hand-built, one-at-a-time, by master gun builders. Sigs are mass produced firearms. Sigs are great guns (despite the external extractor), but they aren't Wilsons. I'm not being a gun snob here, but Wilson and other custom slab sides, are most definitely a get-what-you-pay-for proposition. If I had the scratch to pick up a CQB or a Tactical Elite, I'd do it. Are the Wilsons 3-times better than a Sig? Yes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom