Wilson Combat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I am obviously just a doofus, because I have never owned a 1911, tell me how the Wilson compares to the Les Baer, and the Ed Brown guns.

Thanks.

I have owned a dozen or more 1911's over the years, but I didn't really get on the bandwagon until I bought my first Wilson a couple years ago. I have now owned 4 and still have 2 (1996A2 and CQB Elite) which are on my "never sell" list. I bought a used Ed Brown Special Forces Carry a couple months ago, and after shooting about three hundred rounds through it, I have to say that it measures up nicely to my Wilsons.

I used to have a Les Baer too, and though it was a really nice gun, something about it just didn't "fit" my hand. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.:saywhat:

Here is my 1996A2 after a little action.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v712_retrieverman_icons_001_2.jpg

Here is my entire 1911 set up.
[Broken External Image]

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned a dozen or more 1911's over the years, but I didn't really get on the bandwagon until I bought my first Wilson a couple years ago. I have now owned 4 and still have 2 (1996A2 and CQB Elite) which are on my "never sell" list. I bought a used Ed Brown Special Forces Carry a couple months ago, and after shooting about three hundred rounds through it, I have to say that it measures up nicely to my Wilsons.

I used to have a Les Baer too, and though it was a really nice gun, something about it just didn't "fit" my hand. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.:saywhat:

Here is my 1996A2 after a little action.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v712_retrieverman_icons_001_2.jpg

Here is my entire 1911 set up.
[Broken External Image]
you need more mags

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I am obviously just a doofus, because I have never owned a 1911, tell me how the Wilson compares to the Les Baer, and the Ed Brown guns.

Thanks.
I own all three and they are all top of the line pistols. The Baer's finishes, however, are not as nice as the Browns or Wilsons.
Baer guarantees 3 inch groups at 50 yards and for a little extra $, Baer will guarantee 1 1/2 inches at 50 yards. Wilson guarantees a 1 inch group at 25 yards with my CQB. Brown guarantees 1 1/2 at 50 yards. I love my Wilson and Brown, but you get a lot of bang for ur buck with Baer. I would be 100% satisfied with any of the 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom