Wilson Combat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I am obviously just a doofus, because I have never owned a 1911, tell me how the Wilson compares to the Les Baer, and the Ed Brown guns.

Thanks.

It's like comparing Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi without getting TOO literal. All well made, pick your poison. Wilson makes the best gun IMO, but I won't spend what they ask NOW relative to getting a Les Baer, which to ME is the best deal out there in the bunch.

Last edited:

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GMThunder said:
It's like comparing Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi without getting TOO literal. All well made, pick your poison. Wilson makes the best gun IMO, but I won't spend what they ask relative to getting a Les Baer, which to ME is the best deal out there in the bunch.

I agree. My post was what it was. The difference is marginal. There is a difference but not to the untrained eye. Some are perfectly content with the performance and features of the Lexus. Others opt for the higher end Audi. And either way at a certain point you're paying a premium for the name. Forgive me if my car metaphors are out of whack.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So everyone that said Wilson is better owns one? I didn't didn't they were that "out there".
When I sell my chevelle I'll be picking up a nighthawk flx. I guess lots of people on here have these too? How do they run? Are the mags better than the STI ?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So everyone that said Wilson is better owns one? I didn't didn't they were that "out there".
When I sell my chevelle I'll be picking up a nighthawk flx. I guess lots of people on here have these too? How do they run? Are the mags better than the STI ?

I've owned six, still own 2. As far as popularity goes, their wait times have tripled from when I bought my last one. Nighthawk wants Wilson prices with a bit less quality small parts IMO as they don't make the amount of parts, frames and slides in-house that Wilson does. Dunno what you mean by mags being better than STI?

Latest posts

Top Bottom