Winchester 1892 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I aquired this little gun through some trading, and I need some opinions. It's a winchester 92 carbine (trapper model). 16" barrel with the short button magazine. The problem is, the gun was rebarreld to .357 mag. This gun is in very good condition, stock has just a few nicks and dings, and action works flawlessly. I am assuming it was originally chambered for 25/20 or 32/20 not sure, I really don't know much about these. Should I try to find an original and restore it? what's it's value as is?
Thanks for any feed-back, Sorry, I haven't figured out how to get pics loaded yet

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate that. I have found it tough to find a barrel for this thing, do you know of any place to look, also maybe a smith that you could recommend.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate that. I have found it tough to find a barrel for this thing, do you know of any place to look, also maybe a smith that you could recommend.

Sorry Dude, the gunsmith that I was using, moved to New Mexico about 2 months ago. His name is Bill Coleman. His son-in-law still lives here, I'll catch up w/him to see where he's located. Bill is a very good lever gun man.

Used to be able to get Winchester replacement barrels from Brownell's online, but that was before Winchester quit building them. Don't know if they still have them in stock.

I will do some checking to see if I can locate a barrel for you. what caliber are you looking for?

Jimbo

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably 32/20. I would even be more intersted in an old barrel that's still in good shape. They made this model with octagonal and round barrels, this gun has a 16" barrel. Appreciate the help.

2bit

New to the site!
Reaction score
WFT,

I just joined the Forum and my specialty is Winchester Modle 1892 rifles. I own 14 of them.
If you can tell me the serial number there is a chance Ican tell you the original configuration and caliber.
Please send some detail photos of the barrel adress stamp between the front and rear sights. The upper
tang stamp behind the hammer. The caliber stamp. The left side of the receiver.
My email is [email protected]

Thanks.
Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom