Winchester Mod. 100 .243 semi-auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this question.

I have owned the above gun for over 20 to 25 years. This rifle had a recall on the firing pin which has been repaired. It is in good shape. My question is this: Where do I find the value of a gun like this?

I've seen some on gunbroker but they seem to be very high. I'm sure thier prices are inflated compared to what the rifle would bring in Oklahoma.

Any ideas on a price? Any other local websites for values?

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just depends on condition and somewhat if it's pre or post 64. The mags are pretty high, so if you had more than one it would be a plus. Almost any decent condition one will bring $400.00. A pretty good one will bring $600 - $800.00 on a good day if you find the right buyer. 308 is the most common and 284 the gem.

Since you've had it that long, you know it's a pretty good rifle and it's value is going to do nothing but go up. If you can, you should keep it. Only issue I've ever known about them is their accuracy can be a little iffy, but some shoot pretty good.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Do you know this from your personal knowledge or can you find it online. I might be selling and need info to back up my asking price.
Thanks.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a couple. Both 308s and pre 64. It has been several years ago when winchester was still going well, but they had stopped production of the 100s. Bought them for 250 ea. at a western/pawn shop in Ponca City and a few years later sold them at a gun show in Tulsa for about 400, They were in excellent shape. Ever since I have looked over the tables at the gun shows every time I see one. I also look on GunBroker occassionally. I think Gunbroker is a suitable business. I have bought two other guns off of it and they came just like they were supposed to. You need to check out the sources every time though.

They are slightly more collectable now since the real winchester went away. They never did set any record sales, but anything winchester gets a little notice now. Take it to a gun show, but they will want to buy it at a discount so they will make money. Nothing wrong with that other than you don't get top dollar. I'd try to sell it on GunBroker first, but you will almost need to have a FFL to work with (no really but it works better cause some FFL's won't receive from an individual) Don't be afraid to ask top dollar, cause you can always come down. Good luck. Send me some pics and tell me what you want for it. List it in the classifieds here if you qualify.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen some that would shoot within 2", but it's more common to shoot closer to 4". I'm sure somebody's will shoot inside an inch, but I don't think I've seen it yet. Hope yours does. Partially it's the less than perfect trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom