Windham Weaponry AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I sell alot of the Windham Weaponary AR's. They are nice rifles, and I've had nothing but good feedback about the ones I've sold. They've got a good price point for an entry level AR.

Companies like Walmart and Academy can buy enough in bulk to get distributor pricing directly from the manufacturer and cut out the middle man (distributor). That's how they have the ability to sell cheaper and make higher profits.

Thanks

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This, and I am the one suspected of Trolling?

We've seen these types of "questions" many times where it turned out the OP was simply trying to start a fight or "hoped" that everyone would agree that what they wanted was great. You've reinforced that by defending Windham to those of us who disagreed with your choice (at that price point for my part). You also thanked they guy who posted what it appears you wanted to hear, but didn't bother to even tell me whether my long and technically detailed post actually answered your question.

I understand that you may have gotten your hopes up regarding the Windham. I understand that even though you don't know much about AR's, you at least hope that you can tell a good one from a junker. Sadly, a great finish on an AR means nothing. It's what's inside and unseen that really makes one great or not so great. I can tell you that I've spent YEARS learning about AR's. I've read voraciously, then applied what I've learned in the field. I continue to look for new innovations and updates on stuff that's been out for a while. I even research things I'll never buy myself, simply because I want to give my friends and family members good advice if/when they ask. That and I absolutely love the platform. I have absolutely no reason to lie to you and understand that you're not looking for a battle hardened AR. You want a hobby gun that you hope you can count on if the chips fall one day. I'm specifically NOT telling you to just go buy a Colt of BCM. I'm trying to give you some good advice on things that are in your stated price range. The very last sentence of my post is merely stating that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

You outwardly appear to be stubborn and dead set on your 1st choice. If you go that route, I truly hope it never gives you a lick of trouble. I just can't vote with confidence that it never will. :(

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
We've seen these types of "questions" many times where it turned out the OP was simply trying to start a fight or "hoped" that everyone would agree that what they wanted was great. You've reinforced that by defending Windham to those of us who disagreed with your choice (at that price point for my part). You also thanked they guy who posted what it appears you wanted to hear, but didn't bother to even tell me whether my long and technically detailed post actually answered your question.

I understand that you may have gotten your hopes up regarding the Windham. I understand that even though you don't know much about AR's, you at least hope that you can tell a good one from a junker. Sadly, a great finish on an AR means nothing. It's what's inside and unseen that really makes one great or not so great. I can tell you that I've spent YEARS learning about AR's. I've read voraciously, then applied what I've learned in the field. I continue to look for new innovations and updates on stuff that's been out for a while. I even research things I'll never buy myself, simply because I want to give my friends and family members good advice if/when they ask. That and I absolutely love the platform. I have absolutely no reason to lie to you and understand that you're not looking for a battle hardened AR. You want a hobby gun that you hope you can count on if the chips fall one day. I'm specifically NOT telling you to just go buy a Colt of BCM. I'm trying to give you some good advice on things that are in your stated price range. The very last sentence of my post is merely stating that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

You outwardly appear to be stubborn and dead set on your 1st choice. If you go that route, I truly hope it never gives you a lick of trouble. I just can't vote with confidence that it never will. :(

I am not defending Windham or Wal-Mart, nor am I deadset on any gun.

I am only asking why gun A is better than gun B.

If that is trolling, I have better things to do than try to start a fight on the internet.

Thank you for your input.

J

Jckellison

We aren't ganging up on you bro, no need to get butthurt. Simply put, you asked for opinions, then argued those that didn't fall in line with yours. No harm, no foul. But before you ask for opinions, be open to them.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
We aren't ganging up on you bro, no need to get butthurt. Simply put, you asked for opinions, then argued those that didn't fall in line with yours. No harm, no foul. But before you ask for opinions, be open to them.

I just re-read all of my posts here, and didn't see where I was arguing with anyone about their opinion of the Windham for $700, I just asked for more information.

I am open to other's opinions, that is why I asked for more info.

Thanks for your input.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
http://www.windhamweaponry.com/pdf/TechSheets/Windham%20Weaponry%20SRC.pdf

I looked at a Windham Weaponry AR-15 at Wal-Mart in Shawnee today for $799.

I don't know a ton about AR's, but it seemed like a pretty good quality gun.

I knew Windham was making AR's again, but I didn't expect to see one at Wally World.

They also had a DPMS .308 in the back, the lady at the counter told me, for $900, and a Sig "Hunter" .223 for $919.

I contacted Wal-Mart and found out the DPMS in .308 is a "Sportical" for $897.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=5355

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Phart,

I looked all over the WW website. I think you are absolutely right in your thinking. Walmart is not the manufacturer, just the distributor. It should be the same rifle. WW seems concerned about having a good name, and surely is not going to cut corners or quality for WalMart. It was $700, right? Seems like a decent price for a former Bushmaster to me. I read the warranty. It's a lot better that the warranty on my AR that I built out of new and used parts... that is to say I don't have one.

I think Sooner State Pawn said it in a nutshell. They sell a lot of them, and haven't had any bad feedback yet. That said, if the price is right, I'd sure hope you buy it from them before you buy it from WalMart. They are locally owned, AND a member of this forum, unlike WalMart.

Good luck! If you get one, post up some pictures! Maybe some range pics, and group sizes.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like in your posts OP you want okshooters to do your legwork. Honestly, if you were just using it for plinking, maybe look into a mp 15-22 or better yet, a cmmg m4lep 22-a . I wrote out the full name so you can search both of them. The cmmg is a dedicated .22 upper on an ar lower. What this means is you can switch the .22 upper for a 5.56/.223 upper and they both would use the same lower. The cmmg is 699 retail, but I can tell you I got it from sooner state pawn for 100 less. Good luck, this thread has given me a lot of useful info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom