With utmost respect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a large groups leaves, to start a other forum, you have issues.

I admit, i try to ignore the issues.

You can see by my post count I'm not the most active poster. In my opinion at least two of those "mass departures" needed to happen. They ran the forum down before they left. How many of those new forums even exist today?

I would agree with you, all the libertarian crap was bad, I was discussing the view points now.

When I let an internet post bother me it's time to take a break. A few of those political periods caused me to take a hiatus.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had issues with the mods, and I don't mind arguing my viewpoint.

But there are some members that never seem to post anything positive. It's like they exist to try to bring others down.
And therein lies the real problem. It's just like on Reddit. If it weren't for sub reddits, they would all end up like this place. A lot of the interesting and knowledgeable people move on and you're just left with trolls. This place is about 90% trolls at this point. It ain't never going back.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can see by my post count I'm not the most active poster. In my opinion at least two of those "mass departures" needed to happen. They ran the forum down before they left. How many of those new forums even exist today?

When I let an internet post bother me it's time to take a break. A few of those political periods caused me to take a hiatus.
I do not get upset at anyone, it is not worth my time. If I find someone particularly insulting, where I have a need to reply to their insults, I will put them on ignore for a couple of weeks.
I haven't had issues with the mods, and I don't mind arguing my viewpoint.
But there are some members that never seem to post anything positive. It's like they exist to try to bring others down.
Hard to get upset with you, you are the bread man.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
And therein lies the real problem. It's just like on Reddit. If it weren't for sub reddits, they would all end up like this place. A lot of the interesting and knowledgeable people move on and you're just left with trolls. This place is about 90% trolls at this point. It ain't never going back.
I think it could go back to a good place, but the culture of the forum has to change. I do not think 90% of the people are trolls, I just think that trolling is the culture of the forum, more often than not. Even when you try to post something nice, someone will troll you. Case and point is the thread I started about openings on the hunting lease I am on. With the number of people that ask about places to hunt on here, I figured it would being nice to offer information about openings. A member decided to troll me about it, the guy who did it is not a bad guy, its just normal on here.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Argue your point with out getting abusive, slinging **** and name calling and most of this goes away. Ask 10 people their opinion on any given subject and you will get 10 different opinions. You will never change some ones opinion with name calling and ridicule.
Argue your point with respect and listen with an open mind.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Argue your point with out getting abusive, slinging **** and name calling and most of this goes away. Ask 10 people their opinion on any given subject and you will get 10 different opinions. You will never change some ones opinion with name calling and ridicule.
Argue your point with respect and listen with an open mind.
None of that affects someone who just wants to troll. And there's more than one here.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watch to see if my Bauer .25 sells. And, to see if anybody wants to sell me the right gun cheap.

There's a lot of people on here that I think I would like; some I already do.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I visited this site for information re our severe weather. Looking for info about weather, I saw the post that OSA is conservative. I logged on to state an opinion about that. Other than that, I have little to nothing to do with the forum. I'm not alone.

There's nothing conservative about OSA. Oklahoma is a conservative state, and conservatives are its target audience, yet on OSA they are consistently attacked for conservative politics, faith, ideology.

And to dismiss Christians as "bible thumpers?" Oklahoma is the Buckle of the Bible Belt and this regional forum wants to repeatedly insult its primary demographic? Smart. Real smart.

And people want to speculate why this forum is a parody of itself? Threads stay on the front page for weeks with little to no participation. Sometimes threads have several responses, but it's mostly mods responding to each other.

OSA is as dead as Julius Caesar, and it's not coming back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom