WMA Trail Cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hello OSA Community,

I've seen a couple of threads about guys putting trail cams on WMA's. While I haven't, I would be interested to see what people are catching.

Please share!

Thanks,
Garret01

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gotcha. I've seen a few too. For the record, gentlemen, I never asked for location. :buttkick:
I'd just be interested in seeing what/how much is on public land

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More than you suspect, but they are probably smarter than the average deer. The dumb ones end up in someone's freezer. You don't end up a large buck on public land by being careless!

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not a cam pic but somewhat related. i use sat overhead way zoomed in to see game trails & ambush lanes. can be a very useful tool for game cam placement.

for example - these trails are a bit exaggerated due to recent controlled burn, but illustrates the point pretty well.

you can pick out an exact location of a perfect lane on a promising trail, set your gps on your phone and trek out to it & set your cam, blind, w/e.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
not a cam pic but somewhat related. i use sat overhead way zoomed in to see game trails & ambush lanes. can be a very useful tool for game cam placement.

for example - these trails are a bit exaggerated due to recent controlled burn, but illustrates the point pretty well.

you can pick out an exact location of a perfect lane on a promising trail, set your gps on your phone and trek out to it & set your cam, blind, w/e.

Holy Crap that is cool! That's the trick of a freakin CIA deer hunter. Great trick! And now I begin looking at my area WMA's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom