Wolves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muskrat

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last Sunday when I was hunting the same "Wolves" came out of the woods in the same general area as the first time. This time I got a real good look at them. They are definatly NOT wolves. They are some kind of mix. Two were brown, one was gray like a Husky and one was pure white. My daughter was in her usual spot and one came to within 30 feet of her.She got a little nervous so she moved her crossbow toward it and it just looked in her direction and casually walked away. Didn't scare it at all. From where I was I had a good view but would have to shoot between trees and in the direction of my daughter. She said she didn't shoot because she would only be able to get one and then the others may not come back so we can get the rest of them. I called the local Game Warden and got permission to carry my rifle with me when we go out now. We will see what this weekend brings.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea what the lease looks like, what surrounds it or anything else, but this sounds like a few dogs and an active imagination... no offense.

Good luck on taking them out, whatever they may be. If they aren't scared of you, time to dispose of them.

I do no get the mentality that just because you see a dog that did not run from you, you can shoot it. I see no reason in this thread that warrant pulling the trigger on the animals. This is not your yard, you are in THEIR yard. If I ever found out some hunter put an arrow through my dog, just because the dog did not run from him, I cannot say what I would do but my reaction would be filled with rage and retribution. My dog is my best friend and I take offense to any man that thinks it is OK to shoot a dog for the reasons listed in this thread. If the animal is harassing livestock, or a threat to anyone, put it down. But it does not sound like they have done anything to deserve being killed.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
r00s7a, I have always believed that free roaming, carnivorous animals scare off the game animals I am after. That is why I predator hunt in the off season, as well as take out any coyote or stray that comes by my stand on my land. Although I live in the city currently, I've lived in the country before, and have always kept my dogs in my yard. I value their lives and respect other people's privacy, thus I didn't let them run loose. If they did get out, I expected them to not come back. I don't like dogs running deer off of my small piece of property and sure as heck don't want them taking one down, so I put a stop to it when I can. Just my stance, nothing personal meant.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've lived in the country nearly all my life. So far in the country that I never had to fence or pen dogs. They probably ran by someone's deer stand at one time. That does not give anyone the right to stick them. I agree that they may scare off game temporarily, but I also believe that nature is not our deer lease to kill everything we do not like. These days I do keep my dogs in the yard and don't let them run free, mainly because I am so attached to them and fear a situation like this. I have nothing against predator hunting for the most part, I think it is essential at times. But I don't consider a domesticated animal a predator that should be shot on sight.

I understand your stance, and do not take anything personal. Just a difference of opinions! :)

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so everybody knows how big a wolf is.

I can't say that there aren't hybrid wolves that have been released, as has been stated before.

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+...vLeKC2wXM7IC4Cg&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=791

Holy balls! I had no idea!
3.bp.blogspot.com__pJoqSB2NE8w_TF3VjQburDI_AAAAAAAABhY_9bZuliLnVzQ_s400_HUGE_wolf.png

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Roos7a is correct. 1st do not believe claims of Wolves in OK. 2nd do not shoot 4 legged critters that are of no threat to you (Do you rake the head of a cow too?). 3rd. Do not believe claims of wolves in OK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom