Wolves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roos7a is correct. 1st do not believe claims of Wolves in OK. 2nd do not shoot 4 legged critters that are of no threat to you (Do you rake the head of a cow too?). 3rd. Do not believe claims of wolves in OK.

That's sort of what my GW says. "There ain't no wolves in Oklahoma... But if you shoot one, call us."

Just like there isn't any cougars in OK

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.huntandtell.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_06_big_wolf_1.JPG

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's so he can come look at the coyote or stray dog you shot and have good coffee shop story to tell his buddies.

LOL... Shot a dog the other day. Other dog is in heat, he came around growling at me and the kids. .17HMR for the win. I sat it by the road with a sign that said "This is the last dog that will crap in my yard."

Neighbor tied a get well soon balloon to it. He's #4 this cycle... Guess I'll get her fixed

Muskrat

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea what the lease looks like, what surrounds it or anything else, but this sounds like a few dogs and an active imagination... no offense.

I do no get the mentality that just because you see a dog that did not run from you, you can shoot it. I see no reason in this thread that warrant pulling the trigger on the animals. This is not your yard, you are in THEIR yard. If I ever found out some hunter put an arrow through my dog, just because the dog did not run from him, I cannot say what I would do but my reaction would be filled with rage and retribution. My dog is my best friend and I take offense to any man that thinks it is OK to shoot a dog for the reasons listed in this thread. If the animal is harassing livestock, or a threat to anyone, put it down. But it does not sound like they have done anything to deserve being killed.

As you said " you have no idea" The land in question is the land I live on. About 2 months ago two of my horses had bite marks on them as I stated in a previous post. Went hunting for the animals that did it back then but never found anything. I have a neighbor about 1/2 mile away, no dogs running loose, the next neighbor is about 1 mile away and again no dogs running loose, the next neighbors are over 5 miles away with no dogs running loose. We have had many times people dump their unwanted animals around here and if they go after my livestock they are dead. There have been times we have taken the animals to SPCA because they seem to be good pets. This past summer I have found two dead and ate deer on my place but at the time I didn't think much of it. If someone shot my dog I would be very mad as well but I don't let him run loose. These dogs are hunting in a pack and with no fear of us then when will they decide we look good for a meal. You have the right to your opinion but as you have your right I also have my right to kill anything that I choose on my land as long as it is legal to do so. Just so you don't get the idea that I just enjoy killing I do have a resident Bobcat on my place for about 4 years now and I just admire as well as a cougar (not Black)passing through about once a year. I don't even give it a thought to get a gun, I just stare in ahh at them.We have alot of coyotes around here but I very rarely take a shot at them ( which I have a rifle that will reach out there and touch them if I chose to)because they aren't going to go after my horses. With that said you have your opion and I have mine. I can only hope that if we met that we would respect each others opinion and let it go at that. No offence was taken because I respect others opinion. This is America.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL... Shot a dog the other day. Other dog is in heat, he came around growling at me and the kids. .17HMR for the win. I sat it by the road with a sign that said "This is the last dog that will crap in my yard."

Neighbor tied a get well soon balloon to it. He's #4 this cycle... Guess I'll get her fixed

LMAO...bolded part is funny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom