Wood Sig 228/229 grips - what are my options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are my options - I really don't like the partially checkered style of either of the Nils, Marschal doesn't seem to make them for the 228, and Hogues are probably the best looking, but still lack something.

Is there anyone else out there?

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are my options - I really don't like the partially checkered style of either of the Nils, Marschal doesn't seem to make them for the 228, and Hogues are probably the best looking, but still lack something.

Is there anyone else out there?

The Nils grips on my Sig 229 Sport have a stipled ather than checkered surface.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Nils grips on my Sig 229 Sport have a stipled ather than checkered surface.

No offense man, but all the stippled Nils I've ever seen are hideous. I trust them to be well manufactured and top-notch quality, but I'm definitely not looking for stippled (I'm a fan of checkering).

I'm not a fan of the half-checkered style they show for the other of only two styles offered for the 228.

I was afraid that I'd be stuck with just a few choices. Thanks guys.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you decide to consider something other than wood, both Sig and Hogue offer aluminum grips, kinda pricey but unique. Also, Houge buys stock plastic Sig grips and checks them, they look and feel good. I think they are on the Houge auction site.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've posted the question if anyone has tried the Houge or SIG alumium grips and never got a hit. Has anyone tryied these grips? Are they worth the money?

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense man, but all the stippled Nils I've ever seen are hideous. I trust them to be well manufactured and top-notch quality, but I'm definitely not looking for stippled (I'm a fan of checkering).

I'm not a fan of the half-checkered style they show for the other of only two styles offered for the 228.

I was afraid that I'd be stuck with just a few choices. Thanks guys.
Nills are checkered now. I don't believe you can get the old stipple pattern. Nills are the best quality you will find, hands down.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nills are checkered now. I don't believe you can get the old stipple pattern. Nills are the best quality you will find, hands down.

They show both on their site still - but then again, there's basically only one dealer in the US if I'm reading their site correctly so they may not be "internet-savvy" like us folk here on the OSA :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom