Wood Sig 228/229 grips - what are my options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are my options - I really don't like the partially checkered style of either of the Nils, Marschal doesn't seem to make them for the 228, and Hogues are probably the best looking, but still lack something.

Is there anyone else out there?

I emailed Marschal some time ago about making them for the 229. He is going to but is a little tied up right now. He also has nothing to build them off of (read needs a set of grips or lots and lots and lots of pics with measurements)

--

Progun40: Those appear to be the FACTORY elite grips from Sig. id love me a set of them, but they're not readily available

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted the question if anyone has tried the Houge or SIG alumium grips and never got a hit. Has anyone tryied these grips? Are they worth the money?

I ordered a set of Hogue aluminum for my P229 and did not like them. Very well made but did not like the feel. I sent them back. Hogue has very good customer service. I'm not a fan of aluminum grips after this. I use the Hogue re-checkered grips on all my SIGs and like them better than anything else. They don't look as good as Nils, SIG or Hogue grips but they feel better and that's what counts with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom