Wooden gun racks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody here have a wooden gun rack?

Do you have the wall hanging kind like this?

[Broken External Image]

Or the vertical stand up type, like this?

[Broken External Image]

Did you buy yours or make it yourself?

I'm only wanting one big enough to house my Winchester 94 and my Cimarron 1878 coach. I figure I could build one of the verticals for just a few bucks.

I don't wanna mount mine on the wall. I want it to stand in a corner beside my dresser. There are two reasons for this.

First, I hate displaying my guns for a common thief to see when he walks into a room while I'm away. I want the vertical style because there is about a 2-3 foot area beside my dresser to the corner. I thought I would just set it there out of sight.

The next reason? *sigh* Mrs Ged, of course. :rolleyes2 She thinks it would look tacky mounted on a wall. Of course, all the purdy things she has there looks fine and dandy. :grumble:

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to pay an arm and a leg for 15 bucks in material you can got to Bass Pro in OKC and pickup their three rifle rack(similar to the one in the first pic). I don't feel like shelling out 50-60 bucks for that rack when I can build it for nearly a 4th of the cost.

Either one of those can be built with relative ease. No need for plans really. You can draw them out on a piece of notebook paper. Get creative with the hooks on the wall mount style.

Circular saw, jig saw, router(if you want to round the edges easily) and a sander(if you are lazy) would be the extent of the powertools you would need.

I have seriously considered making the wall mount style rack for my office. I wouldn't have any problem pulling a couple of my older longguns out of the safe to display in my office. However I would make the rack include locking dowels that slide into the rack locking each rifle down. The boss wouldn't care but the ladies(referencing both females and pansy arsed men) would fret over them.

If you really don't care about asthetics go get you a 6' 1x4, a 1" dowel rod and if possible some decorative end caps larger than 1"(available at Hobby Lobby or your local craft store). Cut the 2x4 in two and punch 3 one inch holes through the boards. insert the dowels and nail on the end caps on each dowel. Sand and finish to your liking. Cheap and easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom