Worst centerfire rifle design?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Krieghoff Semprio!
Just saw it in American Hunter ... couldn't figure out what they are talking about "inline" action: found video. Is it me or is it for OFF-HAND shooting only - cool shotgun or 22LR plinker, but full power hunting rifle? I mean what's the marketing scheme here? "You have to have it because it's different" despite being awful? Or magazines are just total sell-outs and can't say something sucks?
I guess they could've marketed it as a "handy rifle" - but they made the bolt full length for NO REASON making rifle 5" longer and 2lb heavier than it should've been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This appears to be one of those "The wheel is way too round, let's reinvent it" type contraptions. That, and a way to separate fools from an unnecessary $4,700.

And wtf is up with the weird music in the video???

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's a really expensive pump-action rifle. I guess if Blaser can make money on collet-type bolt-actions, then someone will pay for this. The cocking lever made me think of the failed auto-bolts.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that in Europe they have running boar competitions and this rifle is well suited for that.

It also comes apart easy for transport, allows for simple caliber changes when the bolt face is the same and I suppose a host of other things that are particularly suited for specific things and not necessarily the masses.

Not for me, but I'm sure there will be some that like it and need whatever it provides them.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These folks know how to make guns. The reverse use of a pump action would take the rear part of my brain a while to get used to, but for dangerous game it would be faster than a bolt and more reliable than an auto. Also, bringing the action toward one's shoulder as the last stroke will speed up the second shot because it will seat the stock firmly into the shoulder. Not a big thing unless you are shooting at something coming to kill you at high speed.

Kind of radical, yes. Price, considering who made it? Pretty good. I couldn't possibly justify buying one, but I would if money was no issue at all. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom