Would anyone be interested in a Mexico hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would be for nex year....
I may be buying into the lease we hunted on a few weeks ago. I don't have to but it would make costs on my end easier if I found a few guys or few small groups who would like to go for a week or so. No big expensive hunts (but that is an option if you'd like) just a few hundred dollars a person. You would have to pay for your own travel plus room and board at the ranch house ($25 a day includes meals... Nice meals!!! Plus A/C and heated rooms, clean running water, nice beds etc).
The cheap hunts would be for culls or what they think consider culls.... Mature bucks 4.5 or older under 10 pts under 145". My wife's buck was a cull...
If you'd like the option of a nicer buck you would have the option of a Managment buck $1500 which gets you a mature buck 5.5 or older up to 155"
Trophy tags.... It's an option but we'd have to discuss pricing as its a lot higher.

But the getting some guys/gals on cull bucks is the main goal. I'm just tossing this out as a feeler to see if anyone would be interested.

BTW.... no extra charge for other game.
Javelina, coyote, turkey, tons of quail etc is just a bonus if you'd like.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll toss out a few more details real quick
Dates are not set right now.
I plan on making 3-4 trips next year probably around Nov-Jan (their rut starts a month or so later than us)
Trips will probably be 4-5 days. We can base the trips around everyone's schedule and we have plenty of time to prepare.
Knowing Spanish would be a plus lol (I dont)
Passports are a must (pass card is fine)
I forgot to mention it in my first post... You will be able to bring racks and capes back but there is a waiting period to freeze and de tick the capes. If you want to bring them back you will have to pay for a $125ish tag to get it through cutoms.... That's per rack.
I'm sure there are tons of questions I'm over looking so feel free to ask. I will try and answer them in this post so others can see. If it's a personal/private question or pertains to $$$ I will talk in PMs.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the security like?

Great question and one of my big concerns when we went this year.
I will say this, never once did I feel in danger or unsafe while we were there. The ranch is one of the safest places I can think of. The ranch owner is a VERY well know an respected cattleman in Mexico and is in with a lot of the right people. There is actually a military check point to get to his ranch...
Trust me, being on the ranch is safer than anywhere you will be in the USA.

As far as travel, it's a 11 hour drive from the Tulsa area.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns...
NO SD weapons!!! No pistols, they don't even allow pistols over .380 in the country. Any "assault" guns AK, AR etc are a no no.
Anyway, "sporting" guns (bolts rifle, lever action, semi auto) are fine. They just can't look like military rifles.
You have to get a permit from the Mexican government to bring them over, all paper work must be filled out with all the guns info and that info must match when bringing it across. Plus there is a certain time the guns can come across and be taken back. The permit is for 90 days. Each person can bring 2 guns, one rifle and one shot gun. You are allowed 50 rounds per rifle and 100 rounds per shot gun. The ranch owner helps take care of that stuff and I believe there is a $50 fee for the permit.
Honestly there will be guns on the ranch for you to use. The ranch owns guns you can borrow and guys on the lease will have our personal guns there. There will probably be plenty of guns to borrow free of charge. It's a lot easier that way, unless you jut have some gun you'd really like to use it's not worth the hassle.
Bows can be taken to and from with no restrictions year round... I guess they don't figure on you killing the president with a bow lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom