Would you convert to another religion to marry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you convert to another religion to marry?

• Yes. Love conquers all.

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • No, I would not be comfortable doing so.

Votes: 82 82.8%
  • Only if Uncle JB told me to do so.

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was in love several years back with a Mormon gal. We dated on and off through high-school and later she got married and moved to Utah. After a rough marriage with a lot of abuse from here Mormon husband she divorced and moved back. We ran into each other and started dating again and rekindled the old feelings. We discussed marriage and basically she told me I needed to convert to Mormonism (I was Methodist and not real active in church) and I just could not do that. It broke my heart that she made that ultimatum but it was what it was.
That was about 12 years ago and I now live in the same small rural town as her and occasionally run into her at school functions and I cant even bring myself to say hi.

Paulinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted no. But I think different religions are just different definitions of ones relationship with God. I think I could co-exist with someone from any religion as long as they respected my right to have the relationship with God that I see necessary. AND as long as it was God they worshipped.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was about 12 years ago and I now live in the same small rural town as her and occasionally run into her at school functions and I cant even bring myself to say hi.

Appreciate that she was loyal and true to her faith. Next time you see her just go up and say hello. After all we are all on the same spinnin' planet. I do stuff like this all the time. Especially since the town I live in is as small as Tuttle. Ya just can't help but run into people from your past. Might as well make the best of it. A man can't have too many friends....

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm am watching American Muslim and a good Irish Catholic boy is converting to Islam. So, would you convert to a completely different religion to marry? I don't mean from Baptist to Methodist or even from Assemblies of God to Catholic. I mean from Christianity to Islam or Hinduism.

I prefer not to burn in hell for eternity.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
almost a guarantee it would fail if you have to convert your fundamental ideals to be with some one. Not to mention going to hell LOL

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as you keep it a secret from all the other baptist, and you have to preach not to do the same things you do all week long and then pretend you dont for Sunday Service

I don't know about keeping it secret. Here it seems like it's pretty much common knowledge. But it's all good cause they all got saved at Falls Creek when they were 13 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom