Would you do this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you ever shorten a S&W from a 6 inch or longer to 4 inches or less?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • &^!% no!

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • maybe, depends on the model

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading years ago that different era S&W's had slightly different barrel threads, so swapping barrels among certain ones was a one-way deal. You could do it, but once done it was nearly impossible to reverse. You might want to check that out and think about it. Other than that, heck yeah. If you want a shorter barrel then by all means!

* Now that I think about it, I believe it was talking about the threads on a "pinned" barrel and a post-pinned barrel. They are different. If I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading years ago that different era S&W's had slightly different barrel threads, so swapping barrels among certain ones was a one-way deal. You could do it, but once done it was nearly impossible to reverse. You might want to check that out and think about it. Other than that, heck yeah. If you want a shorter barrel then by all means!

* Now that I think about it, I believe it was talking about the threads on a "pinned" barrel and a post-pinned barrel. They are different. If I remember correctly.

Thanks for the tip

Latest posts

Top Bottom