Would you let your wife have the shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you do if you and your wife were out hunting, sitting together and a deer happens up. Would you pass and let your wife have the shot?

What if it was a monster buck? Would you let her have the shot too?

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have to let my wife have the shot. I want her to be as gung ho about hunting as I am....so if she was with me and a monster buck came by...she would take the shot.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You all saw the monster my wife shot.....While I was cleaning kennels!

If we were hunting together..... I would bet on her and I arguing over who should take it! Meaning us both insisting on the other taking the shot!!!!

I have sat in the stand with her on her first bow hunt..... me unarmed at the time too! I wish I could have been there when she actually harvested her first one!

PJ

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd let her take it, and then make her gut it.

Ya, luckily my husband is nicer than that, or I will pass on every shot!

My husband thinks he has to get a bigger buck than his brother this year. I have a feeling that if given the chance, he will take it over letting me get it. My mother in law and her boyfriend, my brother in law, my husband, and I are all hunting same general area, but separately. They all think they have to get the bigger buck! Heck, for my first deer, I'd settle for a small doe. Meat is meat to me..

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a coworker who was hunting with his wife. She missed. He shouldered his rifle and dropped the deer. When she asked why he shot. He said, "Honey I didn't want the deer to run and us loose it."

It was her first hunting trip with him. He didn't want to tell her that she had missed. She bought it.

tporter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would definately let her shoot. (If she would go) I do that with my two boys too. When they are hunting with me, they always get first shot unless they have any doubts about their chances of making the shot due to distance or them shaking from buck fever. I would rather watch them harvest a deer than me. I enjoy seeing the delight on their faces when everything comes together for them and they get to harvest one.

cutterbill

New to the site!
Reaction score
I had a buddy have that very thing happen in black powder.took his wife for the first time and a buck that he had been hunting for 3 years and never got a shot just trail cam pic's and she was so excited she could not see him in the scope and she would not hand him the gun and he watched a 180" buck walk away. what would you do next time.he bought her her own gun for next year and the rest of this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom