Would you let your wife have the shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy have that very thing happen in black powder.took his wife for the first time and a buck that he had been hunting for 3 years and never got a shot just trail cam pic's and she was so excited she could not see him in the scope and she would not hand him the gun and he watched a 180" buck walk away. what would you do next time.he bought her her own gun for next year and the rest of this year.

If that were the case, I would hand it to my husband.
Sighted my new rifle and scope in a few weeks ago, and my scope got blurry and I could not see out of it. Got mad and just handed it to him and walked away. I could see me doing the same if I had trouble with the sighting in on a deer.

Had a nice doe less than 10 yard behind my right shoulder last year. I am right handed and was unable to turn to get the shot, she was starting right at me for over 2 minutes while I tried not to move. I tried to get my husband who was on my left to shoot her, but he just kept nudgin me to shoot her. Anyways, she got spooked and ran and we left that day with no deer.

cowgirl23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a reason My husband and I have separate stands. We would be fighting who would get to take the shot. But in my opinion if Its her first time I would let her take it.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been in the dog house for years since I shot the deer my wife saw through the brush the morning before. She thought I should have let it walk because she saw it first.

No question I would let my wife take the shot.

DogBabe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO Deer hunting is a privilege. If you have not put in the time to plot, plan, practice and put in all the work, then you get second shot. Period. I don't feel you are doing anyone a favor by letting them "have" a monster deer because they happened to come along with you that morning. If you want to introduce someone to hunting...introduce them to ALL of it. Otherwise, you are just introducing them to killing.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I hunt my girlfriends families land, so I kind of leave it up to her. I am lucky though and she is all for letting me shoot a big buck. Granted I have helped them quite a bit around the place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom