Would you shoot a NIB Model 29?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you know that I traded a unfired Colt Python (that was my Dads) for a unfired AR15. Most of you thought I was crazy.

Had I kept that Python, I would have never fired it. I would have never enjoyed it. And my Dad would have wanted me to have something I'd enjoy.

I enjoy my AR! I can't have a gun that sits in a case or safe and never gets used.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, just for the record, since I'm not sure people are reading what I wrote, whatever gun I purchase, I will be shooting. My reason for the question and primary concern, will I be paying a premium for an unshot revolver and then losing that premium when I take it out and shoot it? For this specific model, it doesn't look like there is much of a premium for an unshot copy, after further research.

My question wasn't geared towards purchasing one unshot and then keeping it that way.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'm entertaining purchasing a 3 - 4" model 29 pistola, and I've come across a few that are New-In-Box. But I like to shoot what I buy, do you think I'd be paying more for a never fired gun, then devaluing it by shooting it? Thing is, I have come across several close to what I want but they have either been beat up and shot up, or they are mint with all the original junk.

But, my question isn't specific to just this model, any of the older Smith's could be substituted.

Why would you buy it if you don't intend to shoot it? I guess you could have an expensive safe queen, investment gun..... BUT... What's the fun of that? Buy it and shoot it. Enjoy the darn thing.... That's what they were made for IMHO. :fullauto:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Again, just for the record, since I'm not sure people are reading what I wrote, whatever gun I purchase, I will be shooting. My reason for the question and primary concern, will I be paying a premium for an unshot revolver and then losing that premium when I take it out and shoot it? For this specific model, it doesn't look like there is much of a premium for an unshot copy, after further research.

My question wasn't geared towards purchasing one unshot and then keeping it that way.

As soon as you take it home you won't get the same out of it after it's been fired or not. Once it's in your possesion and not the dealers, it loses some value immediately, just like buying a new car.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a shooter not a collector but IMO, if it's an unfired NIB 29-2 or earlier, it will devalue some by shooting it.
If it's a newer or current production 29, I wouldn't worry about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom