Would you shoot a NIB Model 29?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Are there alot of collectors out there hoarding S&W revolver's? YES

Are there specific S&W revolver's I wouldn't shoot? YES, but very, very few!

I have a friend on both of the S&W forums, even though he's a nice guy, he's still a hoarder of N-frame S&W revolvers, mostly 29's and 629's. We are talking several hundred, with most never being fired.

WTF?!?!??

Why??? I mean, if I had the money, sure, I'd have a LNIB spare in minty condition of my favorite guns, but hundreds?

I just don't understand that.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a new one or a nice used one and shoot it. A plain jane 29 with no special features is meant to be shot. Let the collectors fret over whether the cylinder has ever been turned. Seems kinda silly to me. :(

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
WTF?!?!??

Why??? I mean, if I had the money, sure, I'd have a LNIB spare in minty condition of my favorite guns, but hundreds?

I just don't understand that.

Neither do I. There are others who hoard K38's and K22's into the hundred's. All it does for the rest of us is making it hard to find, and expensive when we do. Right now on K22's and K38's the best thing going is the -3 in both models. Nothing wrong with them, its just that S&W made more in both of these than any other, so collectors aren't as focused on these yet. Even the lowly, and highly underrated model 10's are starting to be looked at by collector's. The N-frames have always been looked upon by collectors due to all the changes, calibers, and such.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blue or nickel? Thanks for the heads up, that's definitely less than I have seen others for, probably check it out if it's still there.

I completely agree, which is why I asked. I fully intend to fire, many times, whatever I purchase, but I don't want to pay a premium for an unfired pistol and then take it out and shoot it when I could have paid less for one that was shot a few times.

its blued

Latest posts

Top Bottom