XDM .40 vs XD Compact .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD Compact .45, or XDM .40?

• The XD .45! Bigger is better!

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • The .40! 16+1, baby!

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I picked the 45 for the simple fact that I already have a 45 and adding a 40 would make another caliber for me to deal with.

Either one would be fine. The 45 would be more expensive to feed at the range.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything with XD is front of it is worth the purchase. You should have keep the xdm-40 you sold me. But then again I wouldn't have it, so never mind. I love it and carry it everyday

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An XD45 compact was my one and only pistol for quite a while before i could manage to get an XDM9. Its a great choice and with the mags with "x-tensions" on them youve got yourself a service model .45.

I myself dont have much experience shooting a .40 but ive been told by SEVERAL VERY VERY experienced shooters that they would rather have a 9 or a .45 over a .40

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recoil mostly. They stated that a .40 is "snappier" even than a .45, which makes some sense to me being that it is a higher pressure round. But like i said i have slim to none experience shooting a .40. This info was coming from sources that shoot several thousand rounds a year and MANY people on this site would trust very well.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recoil mostly. They stated that a .40 is "snappier" even than a .45, which makes some sense to me being that it is a higher pressure round. But like i said i have slim to none experience shooting a .40. This info was coming from sources that shoot several thousand rounds a year and MANY people on this site would trust very well.

Who are these "sources?" Just curious because I've never heard anything of the like.

I carry a .45 mostly but I see no problem with .40... especially considering that it has near equal performance and a higher capacity. I own a G23 and it's easily managable.

Especially considering that a .45 might not be as snappy but when carried in a number of platforms it's packed in a smaller package making it a bit jumpy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom