Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Admittedly, the commerce clause has been abused but it's also hypocritical to complain about abuse of power and then advocate for more abuse of power "to even up the score" as it were.

Whatever it takes to level the playing field and all that ... or so I thought that's what I'd been reading. Maybe I'm just confused again.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever it takes to level the playing field and all that ... or so I thought that's what I'd been reading. Maybe I'm just confused again.
Yeah, that would be the stuff that I hear everyone whining about around here.
It's different when it's your side of the playing field I guess.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure you just defined implication.

Rather depends on which side of the sentence one is on, eh? Your potato is my tomato or some such; doesn't really matter much at the end of the day and in a hundred years who's going to know what either of us said, typed, implied, inferred, or meant? <shrug>

No offense meant, but I have to say that much of this reminds me of discussions with my third wife ... I'd say "about a half hour" then come back in 25 minutes and she'd say "it hasn't been a half hour yet".

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Admittedly, the commerce clause has been abused but it's also hypocritical to complain about abuse of power and then advocate for more abuse of power "to even up the score" as it were.

I don't think it's about evening up the score, I think it's something a very wise man said earlier:

"When the power and authority of the state is employed to achieve a social outcome I find desirable it's for the common good".
"When the power and authority of the state is employed to achieve a social outcome I object to it's called tyranny".

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rather depends on which side of the sentence one is on, eh? Your potato is my tomato or some such; doesn't really matter much at the end of the day and in a hundred years who's going to know what either of us said, typed, implied, inferred, or meant? <shrug>

No offense meant, but I have to say that much of this reminds me of discussions with my third wife ... I'd say "about a half hour" then come back in 25 minutes and she'd say "it hasn't been a half hour yet".

No offense taken ;) just one of my pet peeves, like the word "hanged (only correctly used when talking about the death penalty) and the whole "magazines/clips" thing

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, yes! It's hard to raise kids without outside influences affecting that process. Try explaining to a child about why it's not okay with God to be intimate with the same sex while there are 2 guys making out in the isle at Wal-Mart! Kinda hard to do when the minority is okay with it though it is law.

What do you tell your child about divorced parents? What do you tell your child about wearing mixed fabrics?

Perhaps you tell them the truth, that while you may agree with certain or even many aspects of your religion, that it's okay to disagree with other aspects.

It seems the only Christians who stick the closest to the bible are Westborians, while the rest seem to pick and choose whatever suits their personal opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom