Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
data.whicdn.com_images_28411121_1289306959_the_human_merry_go_round_large.gif

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL "No offense meant, but I have to say that much of this reminds me of discussions with my third wife ... I'd say "about a half hour" then come back in 25 minutes and she'd say "it hasn't been a half hour yet". "
I had one of these .....I called you, why didint you answer your phone?......then some comment about her sister...ummm nevermind

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK - so the Fed shouldn't be in the marriage bidness. Two gays marrying each other won't affect my marriage, or life. Fair enough.

So now that we're all happy with that, how do you feel about the state telling business they must not discriminate against such unions? (like the Denver bakery that refused to bake the cake, perhaps Hobby Lobby, or some similar company that decides not to offer marriage benefits to gay couples employed there)

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So now that we're all happy with that, how do you feel about the state telling business they must not discriminate against such unions? (like the Denver bakery that refused to bake the cake, perhaps Hobby Lobby, or some similar company that decides not to offer marriage benefits to gay couples employed there)

That's okay, as long as the reverse is also acceptable

Edit: with the government being the exception.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - so the Fed shouldn't be in the marriage bidness. Two gays marrying each other won't affect my marriage, or life. Fair enough.

Personally, I think the gov should stay out of that, too. If a business owner is a raging homophobe, racist, and misogynist, I'm not sure we're doing anyone any favors by forcing him to serve or hire those he hates. I mean, if you were gay, would you want to eat a cake that person made for you?

However, since the gov is already involved in that stuff, then I believe the same discrimination rules should apply. If it would not be ok for him to say "I didn't want to make them a cake because I don't believe in interracial marriage," then it's not ok to say the same about gay marriage.

I wonder if that baker who's too Christian to make a cake for a gay couple has ever made a cake for an atheist couple?

EDIT: Or a couple who's already pregnant? Or a couple who's each on their second wedding? Because, unlike homosexuality, Jesus actually talked about adultery, and he really doesn't like that.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Personally, I think the gov should stay out of that, too. If a business owner is a raging homophobe, racist, and misogynist, I'm not sure we're doing anyone any favors by forcing him to serve or hire those he hates. I mean, if you were gay, would you want to eat a cake that person made for you?

However, since the gov is already involved in that stuff, then I believe the same discrimination rules should apply. If it would not be ok for him to say "I didn't want to make them a cake because I don't believe in interracial marriage," then it's not ok to say the same about gay marriage.

I wonder if that baker who's too Christian to make a cake for a gay couple has ever made a cake for an atheist couple?

EDIT: Or a couple who's already pregnant? Or a couple who's each on their second wedding? Because, unlike homosexuality, Jesus actually talked about adultery, and he really doesn't like that.

Why are you a raging homophobe if you don't agree with that lifestyle? I don't care what others do with their life, get married for all I care, but I don't want it around me because I have no intention of teaching my kids that homosexuality is normal or moral. People have the right to live how they will just as I have the right to choose with whom I'll associate based on their moral values.

Latest posts

Top Bottom