Yeti coolers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 65qt Engel that I got, NRA instructors get a discount, so I think I paid 220 shipped, something like that, and they sent a ton of koozies to go with it. I put two 25 pound bags of ice in it on a Thursday night, left cooler in utility room. Opened it Sunday night, and still had 3/4 or better of the ice left. Typically, with no precooling, I can load it up Saturday AM with a ton of warm bottled water, beers, gatorades, put it on the boat, use it all day, and it gets opened a lot with 4-6 adults and 4 kids on the boat...I'll leave it on the boat since its so heavy, and just refill it Sunday with more warm drinks, and still have ice, and cold drinks when I get home. Same results usually for a 3 day weekend if I go with the 20-25 pound bag of ice. Group we go with, we used their Coleman extreme last weekend, and within an hour of being on the water, most of the ice was gone..

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of y'all's yeti create that dang sucktion? Like where after a good bit of beers you go beating on it madder than ****? It's like it's your wife cuttin you off from the beer.

2 good things about it is the hinges and toughness tho.

Mine does it all the time, if you drop the lid. If you loosen the drain cap, it will release the suction.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 65qt Engel that I got, NRA instructors get a discount, so I think I paid 220 shipped, something like that, and they sent a ton of koozies to go with it. I put two 25 pound bags of ice in it on a Thursday night, left cooler in utility room. Opened it Sunday night, and still had 3/4 or better of the ice left. Typically, with no precooling, I can load it up Saturday AM with a ton of warm bottled water, beers, gatorades, put it on the boat, use it all day, and it gets opened a lot with 4-6 adults and 4 kids on the boat...I'll leave it on the boat since its so heavy, and just refill it Sunday with more warm drinks, and still have ice, and cold drinks when I get home. Same results usually for a 3 day weekend if I go with the 20-25 pound bag of ice. Group we go with, we used their Coleman extreme last weekend, and within an hour of being on the water, most of the ice was gone..

Good information on the Engel.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I had hoped that the coleman xtreme 120 quart I picked up on Wednesday was going to be as good as I've read. Now there's a good chance I'm doing something wrong, but after filling it with refrigerated food I put in 16 lbs of ice over it, and set out for a weekend camping trip. It wasn't in the shade the entire trip, in fact most of the time it was probably in the back of the van. Temperatures where we were camping probably in the low 80s during the day and 60s at night. The cooler was only opened to get food out to cook, drinks were kept in a separate cooler.

I bought ice twice since Wednesday night, I'm not sure I had to, but I didn't felt comfortable not buying ice at that point. Coming back today, and I'd say 90% of that ice was water.

Honestly, I'd be hard pressed to feel or see a huge difference between the older coleman coolers and this new xtreme one. After handling yeti's, igloo sportmans, and pelicans I can definitely tell a difference. I'll admit I've gone from someone that was thinking 300+ for a cooler was a waste to someone that's actually considering it.

Anyone know a distributor for pelicans?

Try Sam's. They had 40s for 200, and bigger ones on their website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom