Yo, is this a badger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know...

...I heard once that if one grabbed a skunk by the tail and lifted them off the ground that they couldn't spray because they need their feet on the ground to do so.

That said, I'm not inclined to even THINK about testing that theory.
My dad said someone told him that if you quickly dumped a five gallon bucket of water on them, they could not spray.

He did test the theory.

It is not true.

:pms2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only woodchucks I’ve ever seen in Oklahoma have been in the eastern part of the state, and they were few and far between over there.
We had a woodchuck walk up our driveway several years ago and climb a tree. I took a pic and sent it to the ODW. They confirmed it was exactly that.
They said it's really rare to see one in our location, but not unheard of.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir, someone needed some relief
when he cleared the hole he turned into nothing but teeth and claws , I slung him as far away from me as I could and he turn to face me in mid air when he hit the ground he was in 4 wheel drive and high gear head straight back to me , the third 210gr Hornady xtp caught him square in the face stopping his onslaught........I pee'd a little

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're lucky you could still pee!

True story. I watched my Grandpa, when I was about 9-10 years old, kill a full-grown badger with a long-handled shovel. He, and that shovel were the only things that stood between me and that badger. That was the first badger I ever saw in the first hand, and the last, I might add. It was down by Wirt, Oklahoma,
When the dust settled, I asked him why he didn't just shoot him. He had his trusty Winchester Model 67a single shot .22 in the cab of the old truck. I'm pretty sure he just smiled a little when he said ".22 wouldn'ta done no good. Then I wouldn'ta had nothin' left but a shorter club".

O.K., about half of that story might have been made up. But the other half is full-on true. And, I ain't lyin' when I tell you I ain't never been no more scared than I was for about 3-4 minutes on that particular day. That was one mean mother! And that badger was pretty darn raunchy, himself!

Latest posts

Top Bottom