You Just Have to Love "The Bee"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

From that linked story above is this paragraph where the author is explaining why Buc-ee's is NOT coming to Oklahoma:

"The long and short of the Oklahoma Buc-ee's legacy is, there is no plan to expand Buc-ee's into this state anytime soon. They are expanding and building new locations all over, but it's in places where the metro populations are greater than our entire states population. Does it mean Buc-ee's will never get to Oklahoma? No. Maybe they'll go public and hit that Wall Street beat where you have to constantly expand until filing for bankruptcy... Time will tell, but for now, no Buc-ee's for the Sooner State."

Pay attention that that part about populations being greater than the entire population of Oklahoma. In Alabama, I know of at least two(2) Buc-ee's that are not in metro populations. One is on I-20 east of Birmingham at a town called Leeds, AL (population 12,000), and another is located near Robertsdale, AL (population 6473) on I-10. While both of those are "somewhat" close to metropolitan areas (Mobile and Birmingham), the stores are definitely NOT in the metro areas.

That said, since there are 3 different interstates that pass through Oklahoma City, don't be surprised if one was to show up here in Oklahoma.

If anyone wants to find one, here is a link to Buc-ee's website listing their stores and locations.

Buc-ee's Locations

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ONLY Buc-Ees I knew of was at the end of the blacktop heading onto the beach at Surfside, near Freeport, Texas.
NO Interstate within 50 miles.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a reprise of the Buc-ee dialogue, look what my daughter brought me last night. She and her family went to the Dallas game and stopped at the Buc-ee on the way. Being a Dad is great!
41872FF4-55A2-44BC-A5B2-7EB89948A0BD.jpeg

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I make many trips to MD Anderson in Houston. There are 3
Buc-ees on the way, Denton, Ennis and Madisonville. Sometimes my wife is sick after treatment on the way home and there bathrooms are the cleanest and there are like 20 or 30 stalls so she doesn't wait in line. We usually stop at 2 of the 3 for breaks and just to stretch. Not to mention you can waste a hundred dollars on stuff. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom