You MUST own a gun....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterfowler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we have enough volunteer gun owners and mandating or pressing the issue to own a gun should be left alone. Imagine how the firearm incident rate would increase if people that had little to no interest in guns were forced or pressured into owning a gun.

I propose a law be passed that requires all "gun enthusiast" be required to own as many firearms as they possibly can. Then my wife would be more supportive of my addiction!!!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Sure you can.

Grossly-oversimplified, an insurance company is taking your premiums, investing them, and betting that they don't have to pay your policy's value before your account meets your policy's value.

So yes, you can make insurance yourself. You just make a bet that you don't need to use more than your invested premiums earn.

Yes, but valid "Proof of insurance" would be a little tricky. Unless the law offered an "opt out" (BS) that allowed ASA (Accident Savings Accounts) to substitute.

PS, I know how insurance scams...er, companies work. I'm constantly trying to convince my wife of such.

WILLARD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, but valid "Proof of insurance" would be a little tricky. Unless the law offered an "opt out" (BS) that allowed ASA (Accident Savings Accounts) to substitute.

PS, I know how insurance scams...er, companies work. I'm constantly trying to convince my wife of such.
If menory serves me correctly that towns crime rate was the worst in the nation or close to it and the mayor was pushing the towns people to arm themselves.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You can deposit $75,000 with the Department of Public Safety to "opt-out" of dealing with insurance companies on your motor vehicles.

The only advantage I see to being insured through a company is risk mitigation in the first few years of building up an insurance fund, and risk mitigation in the super-high dollar amount territory that you are 99% unlikely to encounter.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll sign up for that one!!!! :hyper:

Wait, are you saying we should, or shouldn't have driving laws?

I was pointing out the futility in having a law that says anyone who disagrees with it in principle can choose to exempt themselves from it. If you can opt out, it's superfluous and not worth the paper and ink used to print it!

Any law requiring someone to engage in commerce or otherwise purchase something is an entirely different and equally ridiculous issue.

skrinar70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Avoiding the question?

I'm looking for a well-articulated non-emotional logical response.

I'm not a well articulated person but I'll try.... That said, I know a couple of guys that made some mistakes when they were in their late teens.... both are non-violent felons who did their time almost 40 years ago, yet they are still convicted felons. Both are productive members of society and one of them has not had so much as a ticket since he was released from the pokey. I would have no problem with either of them being my neighbor. There are a lot of pieces of **** out there that are have never been convicted of anything, does that make them a better person? Everyone has a past, its a matter of learning from your mistakes as well as others so not to repeat them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with a felon that is a non-violent offender possessing a firearm.
You made a stupid mistake writing a bad check 20 years ago.
You give up your right to defend yourself???

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You can insure yourself in Texas, but you must place a certain amount in a bond or account with the state gov't. I think it's like $30k.

Latest posts

Top Bottom