Young Frankenstein on AMC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Young Frankenstein is coming on AMC network as I type this.

This movie holds such a special place in my heart. I can remember as a kid in Claremore in 1970 something, being dropped of at the movies with my two best friends, Will Johnson and Waylon Goad to watch this. Such an awesome movie. Mel Brooks is a comedic genius!

Was that at the old Yale theater or the one up in the Ne-Mar center? (1974)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was that at the old Yale theater or the one up in the Ne-Mar center? (1974)

It was at the Ne-Mar next to Sirloin Stockade. They had to have re-released that movie, because when I went, I was around 10 or 11 (1978/79). I was 6 years old in 1974 when it hit the theaters. There's no way in hell my folks would have dropped me off to watch at that tender age. Looking back, I can't believe they dropped me off without them being there when I was only 10!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My parents were big Brooks fans. We saw them all in the theaters including a couple that a lot of people hadn’t heard of, Crossed Swords and 14 Chairs or something like that.
Mom especially like the ones with Cloris Leachman in them. My moms maiden name is Leachman and she looks a lot like her. My moms aunt could pass for Cloris’s twin.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We quote lines lines from so many Mel Brooks movies in my family lol. When Wilder passed away in 2016 theaters around the US replayed Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein for a short while. We caught them both.

When something goes wrong at our house, we usually quote Inspector Kemp...."$h t..........to the lumber yard!!"
Ken Mars was the best in that movie.
d39prkp-5caae87f-e57e-44ec-a129-548fba9df870.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Young Frankenstein is coming on AMC network as I type this.

This movie holds such a special place in my heart. I can remember as a kid in Claremore in 1970 something, being dropped of at the movies with my two best friends, Will Johnson and Waylon Goad to watch this. Such an awesome movie. Mel Brooks is a comedic genius!
There is a great documentary about Gene Wilder, think it is on Netflix. Gives a lot of the back story on this one, and many others, and the collaboration with Mel Brooks. A lot of the scenes he just let Gene do his thing.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was at the Ne-Mar next to Sirloin Stockade. They had to have re-released that movie, because when I went, I was around 10 or 11 (1978/79). I was 6 years old in 1974 when it hit the theaters. There's no way in hell my folks would have dropped me off to watch at that tender age. Looking back, I can't believe they dropped me off without them being there when I was only 10!
Hell, I was 9 when dad took the whole family to see Porky's. Quite an eye opener at that age, but I laughed my ass off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom