Your friendly neighborhood OSHA violation :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage_samsquanch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one made me scratch my head hard. Almost made me wish I’d worn my brown pants. Thought some of you might get a chuckle out of it. I don’t think 2x4s are meant to handle 10-25k pounds. But hey, at least these didn’t split this time. Gotta love shift work.

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1334.jpeg
    IMG_1334.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, those Jack stands are freaking awesome!

And yes, wood has good compressive properties. Providing the wood is not thin, then cracking isn't usually a problem.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With something like the seam in the frame running fore/aft, the 2 X 4 should run across the seam. Running the grain parallel with the seam is a split and departure of the 2 X 4 eminent. A good way to learn that lesson is having to change your underwear after the wood departs while you are under the vehicle. If you are lucky, the stand will bear the drop of the frame and maintain enough clearance for you to creep out from under.

Squish!

Woody

HKP7M13

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steel on steel is slippery
I cushion stands with wood on car frame to distribute load aand not dent flimsy unibody frame.
Poor placement is not good though.
I have seen a jack stand shoot out from under a car before, lucky the tire was under the frame and stoped it from going to the ground. I like to have a extra something under the vehicle if possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom