Your on Jury Duty.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not an opinion formed in a short period of time. I caught a mass uprising from cyclists last year when I spoke about it.

https://z94.com/this-1936-bicycle-etiquette-film-puts-bikers-in-their-place/

Literally, thousands of emails poured in full of impotent rage demanding I be fired. I enjoyed it, not so much the hatred, but the cash bonus for record web traffic was nice. Not a single one from my zip code though. Almost all of them from the left coast, europe, and asia... but I.T. suspects it was angry librals hiding behind VPN.
https://z94.com/ive-apparently-angered-some-sensitive-cyclists/

I'll have to give it a look. But you really should give it a try. its pretty fun.

I'll also ask some folks i know who ride in oklahoma and see if they have input on that area. Sometimes cyclists are just assholes, sometimes they do things to increase visibility or safety. Hard to say for sure without know the people and area.

Oddly, i've had people tell us we should ride single file in an area, only to have another person say we should 2x to decrease the passing distances.

I don't ride motorcycles, but i know some who swear it's safer to lane split, even when it makes cars uncomfortable. Again, it's outside my direct experience, but i recognize i don't know enough about it to judge what others are doing while exercising their rights.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to give it a look. But you really should give it a try. its pretty fun.

I'll also ask some folks i know who ride in oklahoma and see if they have input on that area. Sometimes cyclists are just assholes, sometimes they do things to increase visibility or safety. Hard to say for sure without know the people and area.

Oddly, i've had people tell us we should ride single file in an area, only to have another person say we should 2x to decrease the passing distances.

I don't ride motorcycles, but i know some who swear it's safer to lane split, even when it makes cars uncomfortable. Again, it's outside my direct experience, but i recognize i don't know enough about it to judge what others are doing while exercising their rights.

In all honesty, it's all tongue in cheek. I usually adopt whatever opinion fits a narrative lol. It was never about cyclists, it was about page views. I hate dudes that can't share a lake, I'm perfectly fine sharing the road... but every opinion garners followers, and it was written with clickthru's in mind on a day someone was complaining on the Lawton facebook page about cyclists. I'd rather get a million clicks from people that hate my opinion rather than 10k clicks from people that agree.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all honesty, it's all tongue in cheek. I usually adopt whatever opinion fits a narrative lol. It was never about cyclists, it was about page views. I hate dudes that can't share a lake, I'm perfectly fine sharing the road... but every opinion garners followers, and it was written with clickthru's in mind on a day someone was complaining on the Lawton facebook page about cyclists. I'd rather get a million clicks from people that hate my opinion rather than 10k clicks from people that agree.

honestly, nothing about that surprises me. And i don't mean that in a bad way.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
honestly, nothing about that surprises me. And i don't mean that in a bad way.

hahaha... No worries. I say it all the time, can't believe a word out of my mouth about 95% of the time. All in all, choosing to be the opposition most of the time helps others better define their argument. I'm not the hero OSA needs, but I'm the hero OSA deserves lmao

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
hahaha... No worries. I say it all the time, can't believe a word out of my mouth about 95% of the time. All in all, choosing to be the opposition most of the time helps others better define their argument. I'm not the hero OSA needs, but I'm the hero OSA deserves lmao

You gotta have an argument to make one. Your imaginary hero status would have more merit if you actually made some sense. I think you give yourself 5% more credit than we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom