Your on Jury Duty.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not required to notify the court or its officers that I believe in jury nullification unless directly asked, which they aren't going to do. Of course they're going to kick me anyway based on employment so it's a non-issue.

Were I to sit on such a jury, my decision would rely entirely on the facts. IF the driver intentionally evaded barriers and broke traffic laws, then hit protesters with their vehicle, I'd probably vote to convict. IF it were proven that a driver intentionally targeted protesters or didn't use readily available means to avoid driving into protesters, I'd probably vote to convict.

If the driver was trapped through no fault of their own and couldn't escape a mob of protesters in direct contact with their vehicle without hitting some of them, I'd vote to exonerate regardless of the way the law was written. If you're a protester and you're beating on, slapping, standing on or otherwise menacing a vehicle's occupants, you're no longer a protester, you're a rioter.

I'd sit calmly if apprehensively in my locked vehicle, scanning for threats for as long as it took to get a clear path out of a non-threatening protest. The second they start attacking my vehicle with hands, feet, objects, etc., then I'll pick the path of least resistance and gtfo of there. My physical safety is not less important than theirs, regardless of how many of them there are.

I agree with this. If the protesters had a permit and the road was CLEARLY marked, even with troopers moving people off and the exit ahead of the protest, then the driver's going to have a hard time being innocent.

But keep in mind, people driving don't have the live tv feed going in their cars to know what crap is going on in the city. If they just all of a sudden find themselves in a mob that is attacking their car, I say give it the gas.

I wish our 'leaders' would come out and say this.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As soon as they find out I'm a federally trained and substantially experienced investigator, they're not gonna want me on there.

According to the jury summons I just received,,,
Any type of law enforcement officer is automatically exempt from serving.

Would your status as an "investigator" fit this criteria?

Aarond

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of y'all underestimate how smug these biker gangs are. It's my responsibility to share the road as a driver the same as it is theirs... but in traffic traveling through the Wichita mountains, those A-holes won't move to allow same-lane passing for any reason.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of y'all underestimate how smug these biker gangs are. It's my responsibility to share the road as a driver the same as it is theirs... but in traffic traveling through the Wichita mountains, those A-holes won't move to allow same-lane passing for any reason.

You should ride with them, and increase your understanding.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really have an answer for this.

I would hope that I would decide based on the particular case,,,
Not a pre-set attitude to curb civil upheavals.

I might have the chance to find out though,,,
I just received my first Jury Duty Summons in over 30 years.

Aarond

"If the sumbitch wasn't guilty he wouldn't have been arrested." :bolt:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should ride with them, and increase your understanding.

It's not an opinion formed in a short period of time. I caught a mass uprising from cyclists last year when I spoke about it.

https://z94.com/this-1936-bicycle-etiquette-film-puts-bikers-in-their-place/

Literally, thousands of emails poured in full of impotent rage demanding I be fired. I enjoyed it, not so much the hatred, but the cash bonus for record web traffic was nice. Not a single one from my zip code though. Almost all of them from the left coast, europe, and asia... but I.T. suspects it was angry librals hiding behind VPN.
https://z94.com/ive-apparently-angered-some-sensitive-cyclists/

Latest posts

Top Bottom