Your on Jury Duty.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You've obviously never served on a jury. The questions are more oblique than asking about "jury nullification." An Oklahoma County case, for instance, involved a felon in possession of a gun, so there were questions about being a gun owner, how many guns owned, questions about being an NRA member, and so on and so forth. The decision matrix for the questions was designed to identify prospective jurors who were more likely than not to decide against the defendant and recommend a harsh verdict if convicted. Even the Oklahoma County DA's office supported this.

Like I said, no court would ever seat me based on employment so...

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Haha.... you've definitely got some colorful fantasies running around in your head.

I doubt he sees many people riding bikes on his “run” to the refrigerator. You’re right about the fantasies though. He’s got a serious need for attention and posts a lot of crap. Pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They could. It would be on different types of cases. Higher stakes cases, probably not, but there would be a place for you in the jury pool.

Doubtful. As soon as they find out I'm a federally trained and substantially experienced investigator, they're not gonna want me on there.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt he sees many people riding bikes on his “run” to the refrigerator. You’re right about the fantasies though. He’s got a serious need for attention and posts a lot of crap. Pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok you win. I don't really run. I am trying to lose weight, and my refrigerator is my biggest enemy. Once I get to where I can manage a slow jog, I do intend to run, though. I'm not sure I'm balanced enough to ride a bike.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought we were discussing criminal trials? That's the gist of this thread. I could agree on low level civil stuff.
You're not likely to receive a summons for the purposes of just one trial. These smaller counties are also likely to put you on a "term" of jury duty for several months; you'll have to call in every couple of weeks and be restricted on your travel during the term. You might never be seated, but you'll need to complete the term.

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The quickest way out of jury duty is when the defending attorney starts asking questions is to agree with his statements about the innocence of his client.

Latest posts

Top Bottom