Your support needed to get Open Carry signed by the Governor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Letter sent to the Governor, as for the NRA, I haven't joined yet, and it looks like I won't be.

A half-assed stance on 2nd Amendment issues isn't what I'd expect from an organization purported to be designed to promote them.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My e-mail was sent to the governor over the weekend.

Points worth mentioning:
There are no problems with open carry in other states. It is legal in some form in 43 states!

There were fears also when concealed carry was legalized - none of them were realized.

You can trust concealed permit holders to do the right thing. They are among the most law-abiding of all citizens. Most states require no permit to open carry at age 18.

"How do I know that the person openly carrying is in fact a law-abiding citizen and not a criminal?" While this is an attempt to imply that anyone who lawfully carries a firearm is a potential criminal, thankfully there is an authoritative answer available. The 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals.http://http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2010/04/15/why-open-carry-gun-laws-work.html

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I recently met Michael Phillips and Kristiana Cupp with the NRA-ILA (institute for legislative affairs). They were working the booth at the entrance to the Wanemacher Gun Show a few weeks ago asking folks to join the NRA. My conversation began with "I did not renew my membership with the NRA because of they compromise & fail to get involved with 2nd Amendment issues". Overall, we had a very good conversation but I refused to join the NRA because I cannot support an organization that campaigns on being an advocate for ND amendment rights, but fails or compromises my rights away.

Well...with HB3354 sitting on the governor's desk and no endorsement to my knowledge by the NRA, I called my Michael & Kristiana to find out why the NRA has not rallied their members for support.

Knowing some history on the NRA, I shouldn't have been surprised, but, I was shocked when I was told by the assistant to Ashley Garner (NRA-ILA rep assigned to Oklahoma) that "the NRA is taking a neutral stance on this legislation until Governor Henry announces his decision!!"

She went on to say that the NRA will not be contacting any of its members in Oklahoma until Governor Henry makes his decision. My response was "Why isn't the NRA rallying its members to contact their legislators & Governor Henry to sign this bill into law?" All she could say was "we are taking a neutral stance"

I'll let the NRA members decide their actions, but I can only hope that you call the NRA and ask for support to get this legislation signed into law.

Krisitiana Cupp (grassroots coordinator) can be contacted at 703-267-1194 or [email protected]

If we citizens don't participate in this experiment of self-governance, it will surely fail and fall into a dictatorship.

I'm a life member and a bit PO'd on their stance on this issue, I will call tomorrow and really irritate as many as possible

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the NRA stance explains the ORA's absence as well. Went to the ORA site today to see if anything was posted. (you can hear cricketts on that site.) There was an open carry article from Feb there but no other news. I didn't renew my ORA membership and may not renew my NRA membership as well.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that HB 3354 is sitting on Governor Henry's desk waiting to be signed, please call his office and politely ask that he sign the legislation into law.

His office # is 405-521-2342

Please be polite and respectful. 43 states allow open carry, why not Oklahoma? Is Oklahoma not worthy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom