Your support needed to get Open Carry signed by the Governor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB 3354 was delivered to Governor Henry on Tuesday. He has until May 17th to sign into law or veto. Everyone needs to call and politely ask the Governor to sign this bill into law. 43 other states allow open carry. Current laws make it a crime to accidentally expose or even "print" when carrying concealed. Please ask all liberty loving friends to call and request the same.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently met Michael Phillips and Kristiana Cupp with the NRA-ILA (institute for legislative affairs). They were working the booth at the entrance to the Wanemacher Gun Show a few weeks ago asking folks to join the NRA. My conversation began with "I did not renew my membership with the NRA because of they compromise & fail to get involved with 2nd Amendment issues". Overall, we had a very good conversation but I refused to join the NRA because I cannot support an organization that campaigns on being an advocate for 2nd amendment rights, but fails or compromises my rights away.

Well...with HB3354 sitting on the governor's desk and no endorsement to my knowledge by the NRA, I called my Michael & Kristiana to find out why the NRA has not rallied their members for support.

Knowing some history on the NRA, I shouldn't have been surprised, but, I was shocked when I was told by the assistant to Ashley Garner (NRA-ILA rep assigned to Oklahoma) that "the NRA is taking a neutral stance on this legislation until Governor Henry announces his decision!!"

She went on to say that the NRA will not be contacting any of its members in Oklahoma until Governor Henry makes his decision. My response was "Why isn't the NRA rallying its members to contact their legislators & Governor Henry to sign this bill into law?" All she could say was "we are taking a neutral stance"

I'll let the NRA members decide their actions, but I can only hope that you call the NRA and ask for support to get this legislation signed into law.

Krisitiana Cupp (grassroots coordinator) can be contacted at 703-267-1194 or [email protected]

If we citizens don't participate in this experiment of self-governance, it will surely fail and fall into a dictatorship.

A Copy of my letter to her. And yes, I've already called and emailed Brad...

No Support for Oklahoma?

I am writing you, looking for an explanation for why the NRA has decided not to support Oklahoma HB 3354, the proposed Open Carry law. I have been told that the NRA has decided to take a neutral position on this bill. And thus not giving this bill the support it deserves.

This greatly upsets me, because after many years of not joining the NRA I finally decide to give it a try. Hoping that it would be worth my time and contribution. Well it's time for renewal, and I guess it's just not worth my time to support an organization that will not take action where it should.

Please, I'd love to hear your response to this issue. Attached is a photo of my recently expired ID card.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interestingly, I just got a financial solicitation from NRA-ILA today. When I e-mailed Ms Cupp, I made a point of mentioning that I was taking a "neutral stance" re: my decision to contribute.

And, I e-mailed the Gov, as well.

Neutral stance on contributions....that is awesome.... hahaha

+++1111 for you!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom