youth bonus antlerless deer hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone participated in the youth bonus antlerless deer hunt. I got an email from the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife listing the dates and places. One is in Osage county, so if Dennis Hoddy could chime in I would appreciate it. The hunts are on private lands and are separate from the normal controlled hunts. The applications are mail or walk in only. Tell me what ya'll know please. I have a granddaughter who will be 12 this month. These hunts are for 12 to 17 year olds.

Thanks

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just got the email myself. it was nice of the state to let the masses know about this little secret. I will be putting my nephew in. Extra doe meet would be a welcomed treat to. Best of luck if you put in.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you like to know? They are usually large ranches that work in partnership with the ODWC to allow childeren to have a special opportunity. Entries are tossed in together and then hunters are drawn out. They typically have a fairly high success ratio, as many of these properties are in the DMAP program. It is a good opportunity.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you like to know? They are usually large ranches that work in partnership with the ODWC to allow childeren to have a special opportunity. Entries are tossed in together and then hunters are drawn out. They typically have a fairly high success ratio, as many of these properties are in the DMAP program. It is a good opportunity.

Thanks, that is enough info for us to give it a try.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Are the hunts that are advertised the hunt regs where you used to put your info on a 3x5 index card and mail it in?

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are the hunts that are advertised the hunt regs where you used to put your info on a 3x5 index card and mail it in?

Yes that is what the email said to do.
Dennis, the reason I mentioned you was for your knowledge of the area. I thought you might know where the hunts were held.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes that is what the email said to do.
Dennis, the reason I mentioned you was for your knowledge of the area. I thought you might know where the hunts were held.

I'm familiar with a lot of the ranches in this area, but have not heard of this hunt. We have some new ranch owners that have bought the ones I used to work for.

The Nature Conservency bought the old Chapman Barnard ranch to build the Tall Grass Prarie Preserve, Ted Turner bought 45000 acres next to it to introduce the black footed ferret back into the mix, but I haven't heard how that has turned out.
The Mormon Church has bought around 60000 acres in Osage County 20 years ago. They do have deer hunts on this property, but don't know if the youth hunt is on it.

They have had youth hunts on the Western Wall WMA in the past with great results.

Thats about the extent my info at this time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom