Yukon City Ordinance vs. Oklahoma Self Defense Act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you asked your city a question regarding their ordinances...and the city replied by contacting your employer which resulted in disciplinary action against you?

Sounds like the beginning of a lawsuit against the city....if you have the stomach for it.

I can't deny, I was thinking the same thing. If said detective escalates I'd try to hand him his head on a platter. In court of course...

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be grateful if this would be addressed and changed as to such law-a-biding citizens as myself will not be faced with an unpleasant situation that would be costly to the city.[/U]

This would probably be the portion they took issue with. It does come off somewhat antagonistic, even if that wasn't your intention. To them, this is how it read:
"Gee, it sure would be a shame if I had to sue the pants off of the city."

Oh, and law abiding ;)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't start with the detective....he was probably just handed a case and told to check it out.

Someone from the city turned this over to him/them.

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole "property" thing is out as well. The SDA allows you to carry on government property, just not in the buildings.
At Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center there are signs before entering the guarded gate that no firearms are allowed on the center. I don't feel like testing that myself. Anyone else want to try. I'll video the attempt. :)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center there are signs before entering the guarded gate that no firearms are allowed on the center. I don't feel like testing that myself. Anyone else want to try. I'll video the attempt. :)

MMAC is federal property and therefore state law doesn't apply.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but the retaliation from the city is pretty typical behavior. Sometimes you can take issues with the city to the news stations but they tend to ignore things like this also unless it's REALLY over the top.

Latest posts

Top Bottom