1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Zeroing a 22lr

Discussion in 'Rimfire Weapons' started by HiredHand, Nov 26, 2020.

1. BillPenn

BillPenn Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Our .22's have got a lot of use over thee last 6 months or so. We typically shoot every 2-3 week. So it's AR's and .22's, or 6.5 and .22's, or pistol and .22. With the price of ammo they get shot more than anything else.

2. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've got 3 of the 6x fixed on .22s, and my optics are all PA with a acss reticle of some sort with the exception of 1 Burris which I'd gladly trade for a pa optic.. I guess Ima pa fanboy when it comes to optics..

3. bambihunter

bambihunter Marksman

I have a Ruger 10/22T hammer forged target model with factory Fajen stock. With inexpensive Wolf Match ammo, my best 10 shot 100 yard group was 1.17". But, when the bummer ammo shortage happened, the cost difference between a .22lr and some of my reloadable centerfires were not as big of a gap as before. So, I started shooting them a lot more since I enjoy them more. It was then that I realized that even though I have a lot of .22lr's, they were purchased with the predicated fact that the ammo has always been extremely inexpensive. If that situation ever looks to change permanently, I'll sell off most of them. I'd just keep my .22lr/.410's, my Ruger 10/22 stainless sporter, and probably one of my Smith & Wesson 422/622/2206/2213/2214 pistols.