Zimmerman Prosecutor wants to add lesser charges, including child abuse....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree BB, BUT being followed does not give a person the right to attack another person. He still had the right to defend himself. In my opinion if martin had never attacked him, this would have never happened.

I'm under the impression that Zimmerman went right up to Martin. And then a verbal altercation got started that turned physical. Am I mistaken? If Zimmerman stayed back and was just following Martin but had not engaged him in any way, and Martin saw him and came back to whip Zimmerman's butt, well ... then ... THAT'S a whole nuther ballgame ...

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that Zimmerman went right up to Martin. And then a verbal altercation got started that turned physical. Am I mistaken? If Zimmerman stayed back and was just following Martin but had not engaged him in any way, and Martin saw him and came back to whip Zimmerman's butt, well ... then ... THAT'S a whole nuther ballgame ...

I'm not sure on that either, but again it does not give the kid the right to attack. Even if engaged in verbal argument, the line seems to been crossed at some point.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

From my understanding no one knows exactly how the confrontation started except Zimmerman and Martin and one of them is dead. We do know Zimmerman lost sight of Martin because he said so when the operator asked for his address. Zimmerman claims he was jumped and I know of no evidence to the contrary. He may have confronted Martin, but no one knows for sure. And even if he did, it would have required Martin approaching Zimmerman because Zimmerman no longer knew where Martin was.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BB, I've watched a decent amount of this trial on the live feed and this is my take.

1) GM was following TM while in his truck. That's not what's been portrayed as to have happened in the media.
2) GM actually DID comply with the 911 dispatch request to not follow. What he was doing was trying to find a street sign and happened to go traveling the same way TM had been. This occurred after he had lost sight of TM.

From what I can tell this case is the very definition of a witch hunt. There are many many more reasons that I don't have time to list, but the bottom line is the state has been unable to refute GM's story in any meaningful way what-so-ever.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh, ok guys ... I see where you are coming from. And can't say I don't disagree with y'all. If Martin approached Zimmerman then as far as I'm concerned what happened is on Martin. This would kinda fall into the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" category for "Mr." Martin, it seems.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, I've watched a decent amount of this trial on the live feed and this is my take.

1) GM was following TM while in his truck. That's not what's been portrayed as to have happened in the media.
2) GM actually DID comply with the 911 dispatch request to not follow. What he was doing was trying to find a street sign and happened to go traveling the same way TM had been. This occurred after he had lost sight of TM.

From what I can tell this case is the very definition of a witch hunt. There are many many more reasons that I don't have time to list, but the bottom line is the state has been unable to refute GM's story in any meaningful way what-so-ever.

Hmmmmm ... Even though I have not followed the trial closely, I've always thought that this was a witch hunt. From the time the media was calling for the Police Chief's head, this has been a circus orchestrated by ... well ... lots of folks it seems now ... At first I thought it was just Martin's parents (and Jesse and Al) fueling the fire but now it seems the feds have been helping fan the flames too.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's that "damned if you do, damned if you don't" thing again. Here's a good cop, trying to uphold the law and do what is right, by the book and he gets fired for not "going along" ... You know, it makes you wonder how in the world we can call ourselves "civilized" ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom