Zimmerman Prosecutor wants to add lesser charges, including child abuse....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it's OK for George to get out of his car when he stated to the 911 operator that he thinks this person is committing or going to commit a crime (because that somehow makes sense) but it's not ok for Trayvon to attack someone who was following him around at night?

What if their rolls had been reversed and we were hearing testimony from a young Trayvon who had shot Zimmerman after getting out of his car and pursuing Zimmerman which then turned into Zimmerman attacking Trayvon?

What if George Zimmerman had shot Trayvon because George was walking at night and Trayvon began following him?

Seems like there's a lot of mental gymnastics going on here for folks to justify their positions - ironically enough, many of these positions seem to contradict some positions taken in the OKC Pharmacy case with some of the same folks who commented about both cases.

Sounds like there's some other factor aside from the individual actions of the people involved.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it's OK for George to get out of his car when he stated to the 911 operator that he thinks this person is committing or going to commit a crime (because that somehow makes sense) but it's not ok for Trayvon to attack someone who was following him around at night?

What if their rolls had been reversed and we were hearing testimony from a young Trayvon who had shot Zimmerman after getting out of his car and pursuing Zimmerman which then turned into Zimmerman attacking Trayvon?

What if George Zimmerman had shot Trayvon because George was walking at night and Trayvon began following him?

Seems like there's a lot of mental gymnastics going on here for folks to justify their positions - ironically enough, many of these positions seem to contradict some positions taken in the OKC Pharmacy case with some of the same folks who commented about both cases.

Sounds like there's some other factor aside from the individual actions of the people involved.

Now you got that Right ,and its not gymnastics it ma$turbat1on....like kinda , F'd up

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lots of what ifs, but all we can really deal with are the facts we know. We know Zimmerman got out of his car when Martin started running. We know the operator later told him he didn't need to do that. We know that Zimmerman lost sight of Martin and no longer knew where Martin was. Then there is a gap where a confrontation takes place. We DON'T know who initiated the conflict, or how the fight broke out. After that gap we do know Zimmerman was on the ground with Martin on top going 'MMA style' on him. And we know that Zimmerman managed to pull his gun from the bottom and shoot Martin.

And the important question here is, "Did Zimmerman have a good reason to fear he was going to suffer great bodily harm or death?"

What ifs and hind sight mean diddly squat in court.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And the important question here is, "Did Zimmerman have a good reason to fear he was going to suffer great bodily harm or death?"

What ifs and hind sight mean diddly squat in court.

Smash my head on the ground and I'll probably shoot too! I'd rather defend myself in court than meet st. Peter myself.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You need to educate yourself as to the facts of what has came out in court and I'd suspect you will change your tune (the bolded part). This is exactly what the prosecution is trying to do and there is zero evidence to show that it went down that way, while plenty that says it didn't. As for the rest of this post, you sound just like the prosecution team and the case witch hunt they've brought. Their case is nothing but "maybe this, maybe that" and they actually told the jurors in closing to decide, based on nothing but hypotheticals! I don't know about you but I'm fairly certain that this isn't the way things are supposed to be in this country.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I hear is real sad and when an another OSA'r talks about his experience mowing lawns and how folks treated him. You can only imagine what would have happened here.

No kidding. I can only surmise that God looks out for stupid people and that I, in a much younger, much more brazen time in my life, was really, really, really, really stupid. I've lost track, looking back, on the number of times in my life I should have reasonably expected to have been raped, robbed, pillared and plundered because I was all uppity about race not mattering and that all people were like me ... a bit rowdy but good at heart. What complete and utter BS I believed (and lived) back then.

(That, and according to more than one person I've known in my life, I can give the "stink eye" with lazer-like accuracy ... Not only that, but apparently the more afraid I am the better I am at staring you down ... Huh. Who knew?? LOL)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to educate yourself as to the facts of what has came out in court and I'd suspect you will change your tune (the bolded part). This is exactly what the prosecution is trying to do and there is zero evidence to show that it went down that way, while plenty that says it didn't. As for the rest of this post, you sound just like the prosecution team and the case witch hunt they've brought. Their case is nothing but "maybe this, maybe that" and they actually told the jurors in closing to decide, based on nothing but hypotheticals! I don't know about you but I'm fairly certain that this isn't the way things are supposed to be in this country.

I have followed the case closely and a lot of Zimmerman's testimony is being treated as facts by folks like yourself (despite inconsistencies between his testimony and the 911 tape).

The problem is that Trayvon's testimony isn't available to dispute George's version. My speculative questions aren't "what if" for the purpose of changing the events, but to make you think about why you're on one side or the other - and to make sure it is only because of actions and not because of the talking points from your favorite cable news outlet.

Fact is George had no right to pursue someone he thought was a criminal. Had he not done that, this incident would not have occurred. Every single person on this message board who has his/her CCW knows not to do that.

Solid speculation (I'd bet money on it) is that George would not have gotten out of the car had he not been armed. If that is true, it indicates a line of thinking that is guilty of even more than Manslaughter.

Given Zimmerman's past, I don't trust his judgment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom