Zimmerman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something I remember from the OJ trial & media circus is when the commentators were talking about the jury deliberations one of the "experts" mentioned that the longer the jury deliberates the better it normally comes out for the defense. A speedy verdict normally means a conviction because prosecutors usually only bring the high probability cases to trial.
One of the things that I will be watching is how long the deliberations go and how many notes they send the judge asking for something.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What? When did that happen?

No one said anything about that at the last meeting. It must have been in the newsletter, I don't usually read those.
When we say "it's common knowledge" that's white people talk for "I have no evidence to back this up so I will pose the statement as if it's a proven fact".

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What? When did that happen?

No one said anything about that at the last meeting. It must have been in the newsletter, I don't usually read those.

If Trayvon thought Zimmerman was a chicken hawk, it could explain why he hit him in the face.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suppose it's also possible that the witness who saw GZ on top was right and the witness who saw TM on top was wrong.
Not in this thread though.

Yes, it is possible but that would conflict with the physical evidence. I just always try to remember that while people tend to put the most stock in eyewitness testimony that it is generally one of the least reliable forms of evidence. Many people have been falsely convicted by eyewitness testimony.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Trayvon thought Zimmerman was a chicken hawk, it could explain why he hit him in the face.

Naaa, if he had thought that it would have been a hard knee to the nuts while straddling him followed by a second knee for good measure. Last, he would have used a dull rusty knife to remove Zimmerman's junk in order to have a trophy to show all his buds while telling the story.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible but that would conflict with the physical evidence. I just always try to remember that while people tend to put the most stock in eyewitness testimony that it is generally one of the least reliable forms of evidence. Many people have been falsely convicted by eyewitness testimony.
There is also the possibility that at one point in the struggle TM was on top and a witness saw that.
At a later point in the struggle GZ gained the upper hand and a second witness saw that.

You are correct that eye witness testimony is often unreliable so maybe the jury will throw both of them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom