Zimmerman's lawyers drop him

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Livin' the dream I think...LOL.

Travelling my arse off spending your tax money! Just back from Vegas and heading to the sunny beaches of Florida next. Y'all have been scarce!

Haha! Meet any GSA employees whil you were there?? Ohhhh ... Florida! That sounds fun!! Yeah ... playing farmer girl in the back yard. Poor GC ... I have rabbits now!!! Are you ready for some rabbit meat come fall?? I can hardly wait for the little buggers to have babies so I can start butchering. GC says this is a side of me that scares him ... just a little! LOL

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rabbit stew! That's good fall, hunting weather food right there.

(I still have a bag set aside for y'all whenever we get a chance to meet up).

Storm shelter is going in today...finally. It added an extra "are you kidding me?" element to the storms this weekend.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rabbit stew! That's good fall, hunting weather food right there.

(I still have a bag set aside for y'all whenever we get a chance to meet up).

Storm shelter is going in today...finally. It added an extra "are you kidding me?" element to the storms this weekend.

Bwahahaha! I bet ... All I could think was "Dammit ... I JUST got this new roof!" Nevermind functionality, it's just so pretty I don't want it to get messed up! Well, that and I didn't want my bunnies to blow away! I wanted to bring them in the house and GC was like "Really?!?! We already have Stewartglock's dog running in circles in the living room and those danged cats under the bed howling up a storm ... I don't think so ..." He's such a party pooper ...

Hey! You know ... You'll get to hang out with Al and Jesse in Florida! AND maybe you can go by the Trayvon Memorial Sidewalk -- or the site where The Zimmerman War for Peace in our Neighborhoods all began ... depending on which side of that pretty wobbly fence you are standing on ... (Opps ... too much ... sorry if I offended anyone ... kinda ... ) :D

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying Martin is a "dog"? Do you have evidence that Zimmerman had him "cornered"? Do you have evidence that Martin knew Zimmerman had a gun?

Why couldn't Martin have called 911? He had a phone in his hand, didn't he? Do you have evidence that Zimmerman was "running" after Martin?

Pure speculation is EXACTLY what you're engaging in. :(

well, I guess you're right. your speculation is bigger than mine...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well, I guess you're right. your speculation is bigger than mine...

I'm not speculating on this case at all. He could be not guilty, he could be guilty (I think he was wrong enough to never be "innocent"). What irks me is all the MMQB'ing from people assuming what happened instead of knowing what happened.

It's one thing to wonder, but another entirely to assume you know, when you don't. :)

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing that you guys keep leaving out is that Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend at the time and she heard Zimmerman ask Martin what he was doing there and then the phone dropped. If true, that means Zimmerman is lying about returning to his truck then getting jumped by Martin. And if he is lying (I see no reason why a 16 year old girl would make up that story) then I am not inclined to believe any of his account.

My opinion is that Zimmerman probably chased down Martin and confronted him. Then a fight occured in which Zimmerman started get his butt kicked and Zimmerman shot Martin. Where I'm from if you are man enough to track down a kid who isn't doing anything wrong and start asking him questions then you should dang sure be man enough to take the butt whipping that might come from the situation.

This case just outlines why you are supposed to let the police handle situations like these. A CCW is only for self defense and to me the whole idea of self defense goes out the window when he got out of the car and chased down an individual whom Zimmerman thought could have been potentially dangerous. Ultimately, Zimmerman was the only adult in the situation. And as the only adult and a CCW holder he should be held to a higher standard and he should have known better. If he would have just let the police do their job then none of this ever happens. As of now I confident that the courts will decide what happend and that's all that really matters anymore.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 16 year old girl might say whatever would result in the incarceration of the person who killed her friend, true or not. I'm not suggesting this happened, merely leaving room open for that possibility. Since the things Martin told her weren't a dying declaration, anything she says he said is heresay and shouldn't be admissible in court. What she may have heard over the open line would be admissible and should carry the weight it deserves as a remote audible inference of events.

The affidavit does not mention the specifics of what the friend may have heard over the phone, just as it doesn't mention the alleged racial epithet or a great many details of the event. It will be interesting to see what actually comes out during the trial, which I hope will answer everyone's questions.

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rajder said:
The one thing that you guys keep leaving out is that Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend at the time and she heard Zimmerman ask Martin what he was doing there and then the phone dropped. If true, that means Zimmerman is lying about returning to his truck then getting jumped by Martin. And if he is lying (I see no reason why a 16 year old girl would make up that story) then I am not inclined to believe any of his account.

My opinion is that Zimmerman probably chased down Martin and confronted him. Then a fight occured in which Zimmerman started get his butt kicked and Zimmerman shot Martin. Where I'm from if you are man enough to track down a kid who isn't doing anything wrong and start asking him questions then you should dang sure be man enough to take the butt whipping that might come from the situation.

This case just outlines why you are supposed to let the police handle situations like these. A CCW is only for self defense and to me the whole idea of self defense goes out the window when he got out of the car and chased down an individual whom Zimmerman thought could have been potentially dangerous. Ultimately, Zimmerman was the only adult in the situation. And as the only adult and a CCW holder he should be held to a higher standard and he should have known better. If he would have just let the police do their job then none of this ever happens. As of now I confident that the courts will decide what happend and that's all that really matters anymore.

Not to be rude but have you ever been around teenagers? Truthfulness is not a common virtue. Just funny to me that you have a scenario that you think played out and you believe whatever backs up that scenario. FWIW I started out on this deal thinking Zimmerman was a scumbag that gunned down a kid for no reason until I took the time to read the whole story. Now I just think he was stupid but not the racist vigilante that he was portrayed as.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
corner a dog, see what happens .....This is interesting, I was told by the local Animal Control Officer.." All but a vicious animal (dog) will cow down ..not attack when cornered"..
It was my dog he was trying to arrest...cuffs and all,
the dogs name was Bud...and he was.
Things are so biased now that ..who knows what will come of this...He said ,She said ....$10k on the "white" mans head... it was an accident, why was the young man staying at his dads ..girlfriends house, was it gz's job to watch the neighbor hood, or was he self appointed.
And it may just be me but the route, over a mile one way, to the store, seems to be ...the kinda round about way if he was trying to get back to watch a BB game with his family.
Also I would never get out of my 4500 pound weapon...

Latest posts

Top Bottom