‘Stand your ground’ law protects shooter in deadly fight over parking space: sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got knocked down, and the aggressor was done? If the guy kept coming at you yes, but what I saw in the video no.
Didn’t look like the black guy was done to me. He shoved the white guy down then pulled his sagging drawers up as if he was getting ready to go in for more. But when the white guy drew his gun the black guy stepped back a hair. I’m not saying the shooting was right or wrong. How would I react if it were me? Depends on what was being said. The black guy could have been threatening the other guy. Who knows. I wouldn’t have been in the situation to being with. I don’t go around yelling at people. I mind my own business unless it’s something I should get involved in.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life is too short to beetch about 15ft. IMO.

I don't think that was the issue at all, as to "a closer parking space." If one watches the liveleak video, when the "shooter" first confronts the woman in the car, there are 4 parking spaces open directly in front of the store. (Two of those soon get filled with arriving customers.) That leads me to question, "Why did they park at the end of the building in a handicapped parking space when none of the other spaces seem to have that restriction?" Did the "assaultee" have a reason for not wanting their car parked in front of the store and visible to people inside?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the "assaultee" have a reason for not wanting their car parked in front of the store and visible to people inside?

Spitballing here, but he could have driven straight up from the left in the video and just didn’t bother to drive around the corner of the sidewalk to the unrestricted spots.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think that was the issue at all, as to "a closer parking space." If one watches the liveleak video, when the "shooter" first confronts the woman in the car, there are 4 parking spaces open directly in front of the store. (Two of those soon get filled with arriving customers.) That leads me to question, "Why did they park at the end of the building in a handicapped parking space when none of the other spaces seem to have that restriction?" Did the "assaultee" have a reason for not wanting their car parked in front of the store and visible to people inside?

The nature of whatever his problem still remains trivial to me. YMMV. In terms of your question, he had his 5 yr old child with him in the store per the article. Don't think he was up to much other than being a customer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom