1,000 yd. Deer / Coyote Rifle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I don't see it anywhere...

Is the reason for the rimmed cartridge accuracy? I.e. by controlling headspacing, you can eliminate the possibility of having any cartridge jump in the event of incorrect shoulder-spacing from a non-rimmed cartridge? Is that it?

Very interesting.

I love the stock on the 2nd rifle, and the barrel on the first. But really, I love everything you're doing there - just awesome!

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just math and physics with a smidge of black magic :-)

It's great fun but can be a little trying now and again when you just can't get that dang wind figured out! lots of trigger time LOTS of it. Later,

D&T, could you pass a little info on that round of yours? sounds interesting but not sure on the rimmed idea or what parent case it could be. Later,

Kirk

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NikatKimber - Thank You Sir! I'll post pictures as long as I can or until you guys decide to run me off....

imhntn - Thank You Sir! The parent cartridge of my 243 W-E is the 444 Marlin....... I'll post a picture of the cartridges a.s.a.p....... I designed this cartridge as a rechambering option for the Ruger #1 and H&R single shot rifles. The accuracy potential seemed more than promising and as such, I just decided to build myself a volt action rifle chambered in it. No one has ever asked for a bolt action rifle or pistol in this chambering but, since developing it back in 1994, I have rechambered well over 300 243 Winchester barrels for it....

sol.torluemke - Thank You Sir....

Huckelberry75 - just let me know when you get ready, I'll even cut you a deal if you'll post accuracy results with your new rifle, especially if you use one of my barrels....

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow - Thank You Sir....... The rim was intended for single shot rifles and handguns. I just decided to build a bolt action for myself around this cartidge to see what it's full accuracy potential was and needless to say, I have been more than impressed with it....

mavrick - I have not gotten into just threading barrels for supressors....

HMFIC - Thank You Sir...... I have been shooting long-range on deer and coyotes for 15 years now and enjoy every minute of it....

MaddSkillz - if you ever get involved in shooting at long-range, you will be ruined for life. Me personally, if and when the opportunity presents itself, I would much rather shoot a 90 lb. doe at 600+ yds. instead of a big racked buck at 50 yds.. I don't care about horns and get great satisfaction from making that long shot....

Kirk, the parent case is the 444 Marlin and the round looks just like a 6mm Ackley Improved - with a rim....... Shooting in the wind is easy. Even long-range shooting in winds up to 30 mph can be done but, the only "problem" I have in shooting at extreme ranges is reading mirage. This is one thing that I have yet to master....

D&T

Latest posts

Top Bottom