100% Gas Gone on 1 May????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevThompson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few different internet searches for this topic on a couple of different engines and the only thing i have seen are forums like this one decrying the same thing. I did read something about 15% ethanol in Kansas. But most of the manufactures are saying the same thing that everyone else is, that all the old engines and small engines will not be able to handle anything over 15%. this to me seems like a bogus claim by someone trying to make a scare. I hope that is all that it is. E10 give me crap gas mileage.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not being able to find 100% gas all the time when I needed it made me get rid of 2 of my bigboytoy cars that had to have premium&100% run in them because of their 91 octane tunes. My 4x4 and my DD truck seem to do ok on the mixed.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the math an pay 3%-5% more for real gas and get approximately 10% better gas mileage. That means it's actually cheaper to buy the real stuff. It hurts to fill that truck up but lasts longer when I do.

Physically E10 is around 3% less energy than the same volume of real gas. The efficiency in the vehicle varies a lot, if they were priced the same it could even be better for certain vehicles to run E10.

But in general you can look at 3%, so at $3.10 for 100% the E10 would need to be well under $3.00 before most people would save a penny.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard something similar from a station operator up here - he was previously "100% Gas" only in regular, mid, and premium grades but had to give up selling mid grade and replace it with corn gas - said they made him clean out one of his tanks because he had to sell it starting May 1. Maybe something like that going on down there?

Darn shame, since there are still a number of vehicles including some built in the last few years that do not like ethanol (I lose anywhere from 3 to 7 mpg on E10 when I can't find real gas), not to mention most older and some current small utility engines.

Im not sure if its because the vehicles dont like it per se or because ethanol produces less power than petro.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as know, there's only one station in Enid that doesn't sell 100% gas, Walmart(Murphy USA).
Interestingly, the Wal-Mart/Murphy USA in Purcell sells gas with and without Ethanol. IIRC, the east pumps have 100% gas and the west pumps have E10, but they only sell 89, so I never buy gas there (my car requires 91+).

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
LOL + food prices will be driven up, ya cant say this is for the children

That started in 2007 and shortly before when they made everyone's tractor(on the farm), semi and train(to the consumer) fuel more expensive because of the sulfur refining. This was shortly followed by the thought of a plan for dealing with livestock farts and the pollutions they cause.:preocc:

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interestingly, the Wal-Mart/Murphy USA in Purcell sells gas with and without Ethanol. IIRC, the east pumps have 100% gas and the west pumps have E10, but they only sell 89, so I never buy gas there (my car requires 91+).

Requires 91 on 100% gas or 91 when using ethanol gas? What type of car?

I always get gas from the same 2 stations. Both are Sinclair stations, one on Pine near Sheridan& the other in Skiatook. I always fill up on 89 even in my Heads/Cam/Intake Trans Am & it runs great on it. I have had people tell me I'm crazy but I have checked plugs & monitored a in car scan gauge for knock & other parameters & 89 runs just fine in it even though everyone swears it needs to be 91+.

Latest posts

Top Bottom